Would you have bought the pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unusual for the eateries I have eaten in NYC. Not so much the chains because maybe more controlled but the privately owned ones does this to us. In Queens, NY at a $$ Chinese restaurant, several items on the check did not match the menu and of course “we did not change menu” after the fact and that was pre pandemic. Then a well renown pizza place in Westchester county was $2 more than their website stated for already higher cost than most joints. The best was a hot dog cart not giving back the right change because ketchup is extra on hot dog near Guggenheim museum. We fought that one and got change back after crowd was forming. The answer to this is we pay it but at the cost of the restaurants not getting repeat business from us.

Go back in a month or six months and I'll bet they still won't have the menus updated yet.

Where I live, it's a County law that if the business over-charges you from the shelf-price,
They have to multiply the mistake by 10 (up to $10.00) and also give you back the over-charge.

I bought (4) bags of mulch and was over-charged.
I brought it to their attention.
The employee became all confused and refunded the money back to my credit card.
Another employee gave me the (10x error) and overcharge amount.

I'm getting to old to be educating them.

Last edited:
Yes I absolutely would have bought the pizza anyways…. Small businesses are struggling the most right now with inflation and all the labor and material shortages. He should have handled it better, yes. However if $1.25 is rocking your world then you should be buying a hot-n-ready or shouldn’t be eating out at all.

But he had time to cook pizzas because hey, he's got to do that to get paid. Being honest? Not so much. I see this unappreciative attitude far more with "small businesses" than larger and it has left me with a minimum of no sympathy for most of them.

Sometimes I feel like many businesses should put "Suckers Only" on the door.

Went to buy a pizza pie a few days ago. Looked at the menus on the table saw a pie was $16.75. So I ordered it.

When the cashier charged me. They charged $18 for the pie. So I asked them, why they’re charging me more?

The owner then went on a tangent about inflation, how everything is going up bla bla bla and that he hasn’t had time to update the menus.

I bought the pizza anyway, but I feel like I was duped. If you’re gonna charge more then put a sign somewhere or have the new menus ready before you increase the price
You were duped, but then again, that's New York. I understand, I lived there. *LOL*
Just kidding, that place has a problem and you should have only paid 16.75.
It is obnoxious in every sense of the word. I most likely would not have paid it but then again, if I was really hungry I may have but I CERTAINLY would have voiced my displeasure, loudly.

Im surprised at the remarks in here, like you shouldn't be eating out then and small businesses are struggling, bunch of boloney! *LOL*
My god what are we coming too? Blaming the consumer? The guy shouldn't be in business if this is the way he runs it, no regard for the customer.

Last edited:
Bear in mind this incident happened in New York city, that part of the country behaves rather rudely relative to say, the south of the USA. What would be considered as rude in the South is perfectly normal up in the northeast of the USA and not considered as 'rude' behavior by their standards.

On the other hand, you'll NEVER hear a New Yorker say "Bless your heart". They're a little more direct with their insults.

As long as people say sure I'll pay that $1.25, the longer these shysters' will prey upon you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back