Would you all like to see ISO 4548-12 Oil Filter Lab Testing Comparison, Efficiency & Capacity, Pressure vs Flow, Bubble Point, and Burst?

I share a dinner table with a FEA sim engineering director, she is much more qualified than I on this hot topic, and this is going to get me in serious trouble from my experience. I cannot give any farther opinions on filter modeling as I value my life lol

Like I told a guy Randy I played volleyball with... I could say whatever to his wife Roxy... ( I was not a pain to play on a team with and never gave her a hard time) Because I didn't have to go home with her... And that Randy did not have that luxury... :LOL:

Everyone on the court busted out laughing... Including Randy and Roxy... And Roxy agreed with me one hundred percent.

Last edited:
Next time I have them cal'd I will go down to 2um(c) at the min threshold for these particular sensors.

That would be amazing 👍

I know that Fram claims a nominal rating of 3 microns for their Ultra and Tough Guard filters as well as 8 microns for the Extra Guard. The next lowest claim I have seen to that is from Royal Purple which is 80% @ 10 microns which, while not a nominal rating, is the only other rating I recall seeing openly published under 15 microns.

Ok Folks,
The final testing list is ordered for a 2019 Chevy 1500 pickup, 6.2L V8

1) AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF63R
2) Fram Synthetic Ultraguard XG10060
3) Purolator Boss PBL22500
4) Wix XP WL10255XP
5) Royal Purple 20-500

If anyone wants to look up the bypass pressure setting for the Purolator, AC-Delco, and Royal Purple. Please do so.

Ok Folks,
The final testing list is ordered for a 2019 Chevy 1500 pickup, 6.2L V8

1) AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF63R
2) Fram Synthetic Ultraguard XG10060
3) Purolator Boss PBL22500
4) Wix XP WL10255XP
5) Royal Purple 20-500

If anyone wants to look up the bypass pressure setting for the Purolator, AC-Delco, and Royal Purple. Please do so.

I think the correct filter may be the XG12060 (19-25 psi) or preferably the larger and what is spec'd for the 5.3L filter # XG10575 (16-28 psi)
Both have the higher PSI compared to XG10060 (9-15 psi)

I think the correct filter may be the XG12060 (19-25 psi) or preferably the larger and what is spec'd for the 5.3L filter # XG10575 (16-28 psi)
Both have the higher PSI compared to XG10060 (9-15 psi)
That is what they told me for a 2019 6.2L v8 at the store, but on the Fram website it gives the XG10575. Thank you for catching that! I will return and grab the correct one.

Also if any one can find the correct filter head/base and put a link so I can purchase it, that would be a great help! The two I have are not the right size. I do not want to use an adapter for the ones we do have here..

I could use some of your help out there. I want to clarify that I am looking for a filter head thread adapter for our filters, and not the filter head adapter. I have attached photos of the correct type adapter we need to fit the filter head base and the filter. However I do not now what size threads we need for the adapter. The filter looks like a standard 1/2" NPT thread, but the thread on the filter base I have no Idea (yet).
If anyone can identify the thread types on each side let me know.
I have not had much luck identifying threads with a caliper in the past.

Attachments

• Correct filter head thread adapter.jpg
    Correct filter head thread adapter.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Wrong style adapter.jpg
    Wrong style adapter.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Pic 1 for Wayne .jpg
    Pic 1 for Wayne .jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Pic 2 for Wayne.jpg
    Pic 2 for Wayne.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 38
I could use some of your help out there. I want to clarify that I am looking for a filter head thread adapter for our filters, and not the filter head adapter. I have attached photos of the correct type adapter we need to fit the filter head base and the filter. However I do not now what size threads we need for the adapter. The filter looks like a standard 1/2" NPT thread, but the thread on the filter base I have no Idea (yet).
If anyone can identify the thread types on each side let me know.
I have not had much luck identifying threads with a caliper in the past.
Can you measure its diameter?

@Ascent Filtration Testing - is the mounting base marked "B" the one you're tying to setup for your test loop? What is mouting base "A" about" About the only thing you could do is get a thread pitch gauge and see what the thread pitch is, then try to measure the thread diameter best you can. Should be able to tell which thread it is by looking at standard threads.

Pic 2 for Wayne.jpg

@Ascent Filtration Testing - is the mounting base marked "B" the one you're tying to setup for your test loop? What is mouting base "A" about" About the only thing you could do is get a thread pitch gauge and see what the thread pitch is, then try to measure the thread diameter best you can. Should be able to tell which thread it is by looking at standard threads.

View attachment 37605
Hey ZO6, I will get more info when I get back to the shop. Yes, B is the one I was going to use. I the past I have not had much luck identifying mystery threads. I will get some measurements. I might order a new filter head with one inlet and one outlet. This one has 2 inlet and 2 outlet. Initially I was going to use them as pressure taps for the deltaP, but there is a little of extra room in there for dust to get trapped, adding to the final capacity.

Back