Worst relationship you've ever been in

I was in numerous adulterous affairs for almost 2 years. I cheated on Amsoil for 2 years. Thank goodness I came around and have come back to my first love. I never should have left, but like most of us, I thought the grass looked so much greener on the other side.

Originally Posted by macarose
My wife's best friend. Not as raunchy as it sounds. We had a mutual break-up at her house. Five minutes later I met the one. We have been together for 26 years.

It has NOT been the easy. Certain family members fanned the flames of discontent and we both had our own issues that came from our upbringinings and our bad decisions.

Thanks to a healthy decline in sex drive and mutual expectations, everything is humming along.

At what age does that 'healthy decline in sex drive' occur?...I'm in my early sixties and haven't had it yet.

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by macarose
My wife's best friend. Not as raunchy as it sounds. We had a mutual break-up at her house. Five minutes later I met the one. We have been together for 26 years.

It has NOT been the easy. Certain family members fanned the flames of discontent and we both had our own issues that came from our upbringinings and our bad decisions.

Thanks to a healthy decline in sex drive and mutual expectations, everything is humming along.

At what age does that 'healthy decline in sex drive' occur?...I'm in my early sixties and haven't had it yet.

Do you just find other outlets for the drive? I'm still in my 40's but it's like being single again.

Originally Posted by Donald
It took me a long time to realize that my wife had borderline personality disorder. I was made to feel everything was my fault.

quoted for truth...

I've only dated a few girls before meeting and dating my now wife. I really can't complain too much about any of them. If I did, they'd have probably have the same number of complaints about me. Both had issues with their father. One had divorced parents and he lived in AZ while the other who I was more serious with basically just didn't think he was around enough. Work, hobbies etc. Some of the anger was taken out on me and my interests sadly. Somewhat sad too as her dad and I had identical personalities and interests.

My wife is close to her parents as I am with mine.

Last edited:
Only had 3. All good. Girl I dated in HS. She was in 10th grad and I a senior. She broke up with me when she went off to college. A bit of my heart never healed. The good news is since 8 years ago we keep in touch. Its nice. Second girl I dated for a year in college. I actually dumped her. Not a terrible relationship. Met my wife when I was a senior in college. She was the one. We were married seven months later. 52 years later..all is well.

HS girlfriend. Cute, psychotic, and could probably have had a shrink busy for a decade...the last straw was demanding I not go to a baseball game with my cousin. Not demanding to go, not demanding I go without her, demanding I not go to a Red Sox game that I had tickets for. Yeah, no, pound sand.

They won.
smile.gif

1966 Dodge Dart V8 I special ordered with four-on-the-floor and disc brakes.Looked like Hamtramck workers had assembled it. Toyotas and Hondas ever since. BAH Humbug to whatever Chrysler Corp is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been party to several awful relationships, one of which led to me paying out $300k in child support for kids who won't talk to me due to my ex wife being a bit of a psycho. Married happily to my grade school sweetheart. Halfway jokingly, I was told once that the key to a happy marriage is apathy and low expectations.

Originally Posted by CincyDavid
...... Halfway jokingly, I was told once that the key to a happy marriage is apathy and low expectations.

lol.gif
A good plan!

I've been married 20yrs and we've been together 31 since we were seniors in HS. It's a process and gets really complicated once kids come along. I love my kids (4) and don't regret having them, but kind of envy couples who chose not to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
...... Halfway jokingly, I was told once that the key to a happy marriage is apathy and low expectations.

lol.gif
A good plan!

I've been married 20yrs and we've been together 31 since we were seniors in HS. It's a process and gets really complicated once kids come along. I love my kids (4) and don't regret having them, but kind of envy couples who chose not to.

Who will change your Depends if you had no kids ?

Just kidding.

I was told once that the key to a happy marriage is apathy and low expectations.

Words of wisdom!!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Who will change your Depends if you had no kids ?

Just kidding.

LOL!! My only hope at this point is that I can turn my 14, 16 and 18yr/olds into decent adults before they kill me. It has been ridiculously difficult the past 1-2yrs. Mainly from my boys.

I've been party to several awful relationships, one of which led to me paying out $300k in child support for kids who won't talk to me due to my ex wife being a bit of a psycho. Married happily to my grade school sweetheart. Halfway jokingly, I was told once that the key to a happy marriage is apathy and low expectations.

I work with someone who will never go on an other date unless he is paying by the hour.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
I was told once that the key to a happy marriage is apathy and low expectations.

Words of wisdom!!

Too true...

Back