World Economic Collapse is imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
September 15 is a very important date. Until then, there will be extreme volitility.

Your retirement will worth nothing if the dollar bubble pops.

Surfstar, i probably have more freedom and free time than most people on this forum.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Funny that you hate the USA so much while we protect your country from danger 24/7.

Without getting political, that's highly important. Our fortunes by proximity and trade, are very tied. If something goes horribly wrong in the States, we're not carrying on with oblivious smiles.

What danger. The only danger out there is a rogue nation occupying any nation that isn't on board with their ideology. They are such a menace that they fake attacks on themselves in order to justify their actions.
The only nation canada needs protecting from is America.

And I'm not a hater. I admire how the nation was founded and the magnitude of how America was born.
I admire the freedoms Americans have and the spirit of the living document that is the constitution.
However what America is today isn't recognizable from what it was.
I'm not a hater. Not at all.

This could be a good opportunity to close ranks and focus on ourselves. We don't need the global economy. The global economy needs us. I mean rubber dog [censored] from China is fun but not a necessity for life.

We could easily cut ties and drive the thing. All this because China is having problems? The tail don't wag the dam dog.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Clevy

What danger. The only danger out there is a rogue nation occupying any nation that isn't on board with their ideology. They are such a menace that they fake attacks on themselves in order to justify their actions.

And I'm not a hater. I admire how the nation was founded and the magnitude of how America was born.
I admire the freedoms Americans have and the spirit of the living document that is the constitution.

Are you a draft dodger? I sure wouldn't ever turn my back to you.

What "retirement savings"? No 401k or pension plan for most of us.

This is a accurate statement. Less than 50% of Americans own stock or have a 401k. I have read in a couple of places that only 40% actually owns stock.

This could be a good opportunity to close ranks and focus on ourselves. We don't need the global economy. The global economy needs us. I mean rubber dog from China is fun but not a necessity for life.

Well stated Turtlevette
smile.gif
I agree. Makes sense to me too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero

This is a accurate statement. Less than 50% of Americans own stock or have a 401k. I have read in a couple of places that only 40% actually owns stock.

This will keep inflation in check. The bulk of people 80%?? just don't have any money. People are working their tails off just to pay for the basics in life.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
So, where are your retirement savings going exactly?

You have no money saved for the future, but you want other people to take your investment advice? Yikes.

We really need to define terms. What exactly is this economic collapse that you're predicting? What percentage of value will the S&P lose, and how long will it take for investors to recover the loses? Will bonds also drop out? Commodity prices too? Let's be very specific here, so we can revisit in a few months and see how the collapse went.

Originally Posted By: bbhero

This could be a good opportunity to close ranks and focus on ourselves. We don't need the global economy. The global economy needs us. I mean rubber dog from China is fun but not a necessity for life.

Well stated Turtlevette
smile.gif
I agree. Makes sense to me too.

I have savings but it is not a significant amount for a retirement.

I'd love to see the US only engage the first world in economic trade and relations, I think that the only hope this might be realized is with a radical NON GLOBALIST at the helm of our country. I think folks will know who I am referring to. I want high tariffs and trade restrictions with countries that refuse to deal on a similar level. NO to China, and other slave wage countries.

Last edited:
What danger.

Well, the physical danger of attack isn't what it used to be. What I'm talking about is more the economic side of things. Canada has a lot of resources and food production to keep us surviving through bad times. But, when the United States has bad economic times, we feel the consequences of that, too. America is a huge market for us.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I have savings but it is not a significant amount for a retirement.

I'd love to see the US only engage the first world in economic trade and relations, I think that the only hope this might be realized is with a radical NON GLOBALIST at the helm of our country. I think folks will know who I am referring to. I want high tariffs and trade restrictions with countries that refuse to deal on a similar level. NO to China, and other slave wage countries.

Alright, so you don't have any retirement savings, but we should be heeding your advice with regards to ours?

You seem reluctant to explain your vision of the upcoming economic apocalypse, so I'll make it easier. Just fill in the blanks.

Percentage the S&P will drop between today and Dec 31:
Number of months that it will take to recover loses:
10-year Treasury yield on Dec 31:
Gold price per ounce on Dec 31:
WTI crude on Dec 31:

We'll revisit on New Year's Day.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

No draft here. i wouldn't fight for this nonsense war on terror anyway.
Iraq was an invasion based on the lie that saddam had WMD. Now the country is in ruins. Saddam was no angel but this alternative is way worse.
America arms the terrorists,and trains them. They cause the terror so there's an need for armed actions.
Operation gladio was a cia operation in Europe. Look it up.
Iran contra affair. The cia supplied freeway Rick Ross his cocaine.
Operation north woods was proposed to go to war with Cuba.
The operation was going to take passenger jets and run them into skyscrapers. Then blame Castro.
Funny that the same thing happens to justify this war on terror.
The entire armed action as a whole was justified based on lies.
Choosing to ignore the truth doesn't make it less true.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

No draft here. i wouldn't fight for this nonsense war on terror anyway.
Iraq was an invasion based on the lie that saddam had WMD. Now the country is in ruins. Saddam was no angel but this alternative is way worse.
America arms the terrorists,and trains them. They cause the terror so there's an need for armed actions.
Operation gladio was a cia operation in Europe. Look it up.
Iran contra affair. The cia supplied freeway Rick Ross his cocaine.
Operation north woods was proposed to go to war with Cuba.
The operation was going to take passenger jets and run them into skyscrapers. Then blame Castro.
Funny that the same thing happens to justify this war on terror.
The entire armed action as a whole was justified based on lies.
Choosing to ignore the truth doesn't make it less true.

You say these things like you're expecting me to give a [censored].

What danger.

Well, the physical danger of attack isn't what it used to be. What I'm talking about is more the economic side of things. Canada has a lot of resources and food production to keep us surviving through bad times. But, when the United States has bad economic times, we feel the consequences of that, too. America is a huge market for us.

When have governments been on this side of the people through bad times? We are all on our own.

Retirement savings?! Who gives a [censored]. What we are trying to say is YOUR retirement portfolio is going to be zero if you don't pull out now.

You want specifics do you? Sorry, can't do that.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
What danger.

When have governments been on this side of the people through bad times? We are all on our own.

Retirement savings?! Who gives a [censored]. What we are trying to say is YOUR retirement portfolio is going to be zero if you don't pull out now.

I see...so, no point in planning for the future...

Because there is no future?

OK....

No one said they would. I simply said if things go bad in the States, things go bad here. We're in it together.

Why not?

I'm still waiting on an explanation though. What's going to happen that will vaporize my retirement account and make it worth zero without the possibility of recovery?

Tell me what's going to happen and when, so we can revisit this in a few months and see how things turned out.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Because there is no future?

Well, within a hundred years, give or take, everyone currently posting on BITOG should be gone.
wink.gif

Our posts will live on, be it in Google form or the National Archives (they save every Tweet? What? What about BOOKS? ..) What will have happened to the site will be another issue.

I can imagine a usage tax to axxess this public resource, basic fundamental human right of car repair licensed enthusiasts, and another for each topic accesses. FAIR, right? ..

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I'm still waiting on an explanation though. What's going to happen that will vaporize my retirement account and make it worth zero without the possibility of recovery?

Tell me what's going to happen and when, so we can revisit this in a few months and see how things turned out.

The folks predicting economic conditions and telling you what to do with your investments would have more credibility if they actually had investments of their own...reading some of the posts in this thread is like listening to car advice from someone that's never owned a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back