Work gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been using these gloves for about a year now when I do maintenance on my cars and bikes. I highly recommend them. You can easily pick up a thin flat washer off a flat surface when wearing them and they mostly eliminate the nicks you get on your hands when doing a maintenance job. These make the ‘Mechanix’ gloves you can get at Autozone feel like a baseball glove.

I don't recommend washing them in your wife's washing machine.
nono.gif
Best wash them by hand.

http://www.magidglove.com/product.asp?pf_id=1394

Satterfi, how long will one pair last? I like the looks of them, and have committed to wearing gloves more often when I'm wrenching, but I have been wearing disposable latex med gloves in the garage. Those typically last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and a half, depending on what I'm doing...

Thanks!
Robert

I agree, gloves are great for keeping hot oil off your hands during an oil change, and they protect against cuts from those sharp edges around the engine too. I find ordinary kitchen gloves sufficient that I get at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. But $36 is a lot for something that can get sliced up in a few minutes.

porterdog

I'd estimate between 40 and 100 hours.

They begin to stretch out after a while and washing them seems to take it's toll on them more than using them.

I've never put a hole in one.

Thanks! Maybe I'll give them a shot- works out to $6/pair which isn't extreme for work gloves. Are they stretchy? Normally I like an XL glove for comfort (my hands really aren't that large) but this type I'd rather have snug.

I find my hands seem to ache after chemical exposure, whether it's used motor oil, solvents, or whatever. All that stuff has at least some ability to pass thru your skin, and NONE of it is good for you... Gloves should be right up there with eye-protection IMO...

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back