What do the master mechanics here think of these gloves?

My long-serving Craftsman mechanic's gloves are giving up the ghost; the suede finger tips finally wearing through despite the rest of it being remarkably still serviceable. I need a new set (or two).

Our local Sears is long gone and this style superceded, but I'm too frugal to pay $10 premium to have their new pair shipped from across the country. Thus, something I can pick up locally. What about these? The fact it's a three-pack is enticing.

I need to go to HD tomorrow anyway for some custom paint mixing. Or something else someone has been really pleased with from Lowe's, HF, one of the stores like O'Reillys, Autozone? This is for straight up wrenching, pulling alternators, intakes, brake jobs, etc. Something with decent feel to minimize removing them too often for fine work and also able to go in the wash to flush out accumulated fluids and stand up to the abuse.

One thing that bothers me about the gloves above is the gathered vs. Velcro wrist. Something I found valuable with the Craftsman was the velcro closure which cinched the glove more firmly so it could not slide much; which was valuable in many situations.

Last edited:
I have used mechanics gloves from tractor supply and Harbor freight...both have given me pretty good service...I haven't check Lowes for gloves but they may have craftsman gloves since they do sell the craftsman tool line

i only use them if it's too cold or parts are too hot. Thinner is better to get access to small and hard to reach bolts, to the point that nothing might be even better. My hands are fat enough as is

Back