Powerstop Vs Nuegon brembo calipers?

No matter how many times I swap out the rear calipers on my 07 350z inevitably the rear calipers start to leak through the bleeder screws. So far the O rielly ones have leaked twice and autozone ones just started leaking as well. I am an industrial maintenance mechanic so having to ask for help is humbling.

So there are two choices shown below. About the same price. Does anyone have any information on the quality of either of these two.

The fronts give me no issues as I have gigantic 18Z monoblocks up there that I adapted to the car (this car goes to the track a dozen times a year)

I have tried new bleeder screws as well as OEM brembo bleeder screw (at $24 a set!)

I use Bosch 5.1 fluid. I used to use Endless but its so thin that the leaks begin almost immediately. Or that stuff eats bleeder screw? I do not know but I stopped using it.
I have tried to clean up the seat of the ports with a few different screw driver bits very gently. This works for a time but inevitably fails.

I have not tried the ball bearing thing where you shave a bleeder flat and put a ball bearing into the seat the torque the bleeder down. Does this work? Has anyone tried it?

Yes, I torque them to the correct torque which is 120 in-lb.

Yes, I understand I am giving up the lifetime warranty buying from Rockauto but the parts stores warranty is so difficult to achieve it should be criminal.

Any and all help, opinions, and/or advice will be read, and greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Attachments

• nugeon.jpg
    nugeon.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 30
  • powerstop.jpg
    powerstop.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 30
There is probably somewhere to get OE Brembo replacement parts. There is likely someone that specializes in Brembo calipers and parts, if not Brembo themselves :unsure:

There is probably somewhere to get OE Brembo replacement parts. There is likely someone that specializes in Brembo calipers and parts, if not Brembo themselves :unsure:
There is not. This is a nearly 20 year old design. Brembo has essentially washed their hands of it. Even the bleeder screws are discontinued. I got the last sets I could find anywhere online from an ebay seller

well, you could always get Wilwood calipers, if you're willing to spend the money

and a not inconsequential amount of money it is...

and a not inconsequential amount of money it is...

Might still be worth it if he tracks the car :sneaky:

What about baer etc. There has to be someone still making new aftermarket for the 350z.

As far as the original question goes i don't have experience with either make but since Powestop claims they do this in house in their facility I would be inclined to go with those unless i could verify the source of the Neugon and it was a good source.

However, since OP has had repeated failures of the same area, this point to a weakness in the design, unless one of the remanufactures addresses that, i wouldn't expect different results.

As far as the original question goes i don't have experience with either make but since Powestop claims they do this in house in their facility I would be inclined to go with those unless i could verify the source of the Neugon and it was a good source.

However, since OP has had repeated failures of the same area, this point to a weakness in the design, unless one of the remanufactures addresses that, i wouldn't expect different results.
That is good to know. I will likely try the power stop ones. They only show up every once in a while. I assume because they reject any calipers that are too far gone. My father run a starter and alternator rebuilding company and they do the same thing. Competition just uses parts that should be tossed out. That's how they lower to costs to beat you out price wise

Are you tracking vehicle so you used Endless?
@Trav might give you advice as which ones are better. As for fluid use ATE TYP200 or Motul RBF600 or 660.
I've used all kinds. Srf, Bosch, motul. Only the endless gave me serious issues

Endless will have highest boiling point and probably it is LV fluid.
IMO you don’t have too many options. I would try something of those two and see how it works.
I placed an order for the powerstop. I know sell the high temp silicone seals and it says their calipers are made with those same seals. Regular seals will turn to dust above 600F. My rears run around 800F peak temp. I know this from the rotor temp paint I use.

Hopefully this works out

I placed an order for the powerstop. I know sell the high temp silicone seals and it says their calipers are made with those same seals. Regular seals will turn to dust above 600F. My rears run around 800F peak temp. I know this from the rotor temp paint I use.

Hopefully this works out
Does anyone make titanium shims for those pads?

Does anyone make titanium shims for those pads?
Yes, they do. I don't have heat issues with the rear. The front had a big brake kit so no heat issues there either. Well, no heat issues that would necessitate ti heat shields

Anybody make a bronze/brass bleed screw? Something softer than aluminum?
Brass is harder than aluminum. Would be a bad choice as those two don't play nice and will lead to galling. Like a cold weld situation similar to SS sheet metal with SS screws

Back