Wix XP vs Fram Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram Ultra filters much better. Wix XP has poor filtering efficiency. Thats about the only difference. A big one though.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Fram Ultra filters much better. Wix XP has poor filtering efficiency. Thats about the only difference. A big one though.

I was waiting for your response.
smile.gif

Watch this @ 31:00 mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uGCr3pj6mU&t=1965s

He talks about the flaw about the Fram Ultra.

I also saw the cut up of the Wix Xp and the Fram Ultra, the pleats on the Wix Xp and at the bottom of the filter where the drain back silicone seats seems to be better made vs the Fram Ultra.

Very interested in your response. Thanks.

BTW, how does Fram Ultra filters better than Wix XP.

Originally Posted by painfx
Which one is better? Especially for the winter.

Thanks

Basic WIX i can buy for $5 at mom and pop parts place back home
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
Either one will get your car to 200,000 miles without any lubrication system failures.

I want my Corvette to last 250k and beyond though, so when the new 22psi bypass Ultra filter comes out in the new year, that's what I'll be running on it from that point on
smile.gif

Define better? What are your expectations? Fram ultra has great efficiency ratings and well made. XP is very well made and has lower efficiency ratings. Either works. I rather have better efficiency. Although either will work.

Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by Linctex
Either one will get your car to 200,000 miles without any lubrication system failures.

I want my Corvette to last 250k and beyond though, so when the new 22psi bypass Ultra filter comes out in the new year, that's what I'll be running on it from that point on
smile.gif

LOL!!! Any good oil filter, even with a "mere 8-10 psi bypass valve" will get you to 250,000.... if all else is equal.

The difference between a 8 psi bypass valve and a 22 psi bypass valve = zero effect on engine life

Originally Posted by painfx

Watch this @ 31:00 mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uGCr3pj6mU&t=1965s

He talks about the flaw about the Fram Ultra.

Only thing flawed is that guy's knowlege about oil filters. Yeah, let's hold a flashlight upto the media to determine how it flows.
lol.gif

Lots of YouTube videos out there. with lots of bad information and misconceptions about oil filters.

Whichever you can get cheaper at the time. The Fram Ultra is a good filter. For me, I'm transitioning to WIX/NAPA Gold as my regular choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back