Wix XP 51515XP C&P

Another filter to share.

This filter only has a few hundred miles on it, but I needed to change the filter adapter gasket so I changed the filter too. This one looks a lot better than the Mobil filter it replaced. This is on a 1968 318 Mopar.

Out 51515XP filter and one quart Mobil Euro 0w-40.
In Fram Endurance and one quart Mobil Euro 0w-40.

IMG_7954.jpeg

IMG_7953.jpeg

IMG_7955.jpeg

IMG_7956.jpeg

IMG_7957.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another filter to share.

This filter only has a few hundred miles on it, but I needed to change the filter adapter gasket so I changed the filter too. This one looks a lot better than the Mobil filter it replaced. This is on a 1968 318 Mopar.

Out 51515XP filter and one quart Mobil Euro 0w-40.
In Fram Endurance and one quart Mobil Euro 0w-40.

View attachment 222681

View attachment 222682

View attachment 222683

View attachment 222684

View attachment 222685

Looks good. Thank You for cut and post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the XP was supposed to be a full synthetic filter? Similar to a NAPA Platinum or Purolator Boss? This just looks like any other garden variety Wix or NAPA Gold, and the efficiency is not very good either, somewhere around 99%@ 35 microns (source-O’Reilly).

Last edited:
Does this media have the Polymer mesh reinforced backing? Regardless, Looks like it's constructed well. Used to run a 68' Fury w/318.. good engine.

They used to have the metal backing but I know their moving to Purolator Boss constructed "Smart Fusion" backing. The one above doesn't look like it has the metal wire backing anymore.

Thought the XP was supposed to be a full synthetic filter? Similar to a NAPA Platinum or Purolator Boss? This just looks like any other garden variety Wix or NAPA Gold, and the efficiency is not very good either, somewhere around 99%@ 35 microns (source-O’Reilly).
I was thinking the same thing. Doesn’t look anything like a XP.

2024 being plenty of time out of supply issues I do wonder how they decide which filters get the Purolator backing now. Obviously, this one didn't get it & lost it's metal wire backing. It seems to have good quality control but I feel this was a downgrade from what they did or could offer. Anyways, Thanks for checking that is very helpful. Nice looking filter though.

2024 being plenty of time out of supply issues I do wonder how they decide which filters get the Purolator backing now. Obviously, this one didn't get it & lost it's metal wire backing. It seems to have good quality control but I feel this was a downgrade from what they did or could offer. Anyways, Thanks for checking that is very helpful. Nice looking filter though.
Yeah, at the price point it should have some sorta backing. It looks really well made but common M&H!

Back