Fram Endurance FE10575 C&P

I'd buy and use the Endurance, it's still wire backed ... that's the specific focus here. ;) And still don't have a problem using an EG for 3-5K mile OCIs.
Its kinda funny, been putting some money on finding alternatives to cut and post here. So far I'm pretty happy I got 2 viable options from Donaldson & Fleetguard. Kinda sucks they don't make PH3600 sized options of their synthetic media filters though could totally live with the PH3614 sized ones for now.

no tears, that is the seam of the filter. it is melted together in manufacturing. last photo i forced the pleat to lay over to get a picture inbetween them.
This makes sense, since the old XG was crimped with a metal piece at the Seam, and the new FE2 is kind of just sown together. I did watch a video 2 compare these oil filters, thanks for the Cut and Paste.

24,362 miles using 3- OCI's of early 2015 vintage PYB 5w-20 conventional motor oil.
Took like 18 months on my mothers car - GRHS.
Back then in 2016 no- its still in a barn like it was the day I cut it.
It was impressive so I didn't throw it away.
2014 AWD Mitsu Sport

Lets round this off ta 2 years, is there a year limit up until 25K that you would not run this Oil Filter that long? An example here, 5000 miles a year, so that would be 5 years. Lets say I am doing 5000 miles a year, is 15K after 3 years a safe bet? Jay Buckley from Fram did say that this oil filter could go at least 30K or 32 K on a clean engine! What he did not say was the time Interval!

You should have never got in that boat...those cans are thin too. I moved on to even from mower use
I've used them (FL500S) on a Coyote, but when I started using them the Motorcrafts had holes instead of boarder line louvers, and the glue slop is way worse on the new filters. Can thickness was my last concern with them. And their price isn't much less than a better filter these days.

Lets round this off ta 2 years, is there a year limit up until 25K that you would not run this Oil Filter that long? An example here, 5000 miles a year, so that would be 5 years. Lets say I am doing 5000 miles a year, is 15K after 3 years a safe bet? Jay Buckley from Fram did say that this oil filter could go at least 30K or 32 K on a clean engine! What he did not say was the time Interval!
From all I have cut I won't run a great filter that long. Old oil just gets nasty and corrosive and that's on new engines and even with port injection.

This was done on purpose and all were mostly highway miles.
Right now 10k limit and a year- new vehicles under warranty. I like the idea of a 20k filter for remote area use but really I don't like what I see when I open one.
Will I test longer distances...possibly.
Most of it to me is entertainment. I'm actually looking into making my own oil filters for my own use.
Most likely a 3614..
Why? Because I always wanted too. We'll see how that goes. Before I get reamed it has nothing to do with cost it's just something I want to do and I have avenues to make it happen. If Fram wasn't a potluck fiasco I wouldn't even think about it. Entertainment mostly. If it happens I will cut one here..I guarantee no repaints..lol

True but it ain't going to be pretty trust me and this isn't a personal attack. We disagree.
I will wait to be proven wrong...thanks.
please explain why it won’t be “pretty”. it is a metal wire backed filter that takes just as much effort as on OG ultra to bend. you won’t be proven wrong because nothing i put my hands on will have an oil filter on for 24k miles lol.

Forgot to add ... as time went on, the total media area in the FL500S decreased quite a bit, like almost cut in half. One from 2015 was 227 sq-in, and one a few years later was down to 120 sq-in. The one with 227 sq-in had a center tube with holes, and the one with 120 sq-in had a center tube with louvers. Haven't cut and measured the latest one, but wouldn't be surprised if it was even less than 120 sq-in.

From all I have cut I won't run a great filter that long. Old oil just gets nasty and corrosive and that's on new engines and even with port injection.

This was done on purpose and all were mostly highway miles.
Right now 10k limit and a year- new vehicles under warranty. I like the idea of a 20k filter for remote area use but really I don't like what I see when I open one.
Will I test longer distances...possibly.
Most of it to me is entertainment. I'm actually looking into making my own oil filters for my own use.
Most likely a 3614..
Why? Because I always wanted too. We'll see how that goes. Before I get reamed it has nothing to do with cost it's just something I want to do and I have avenues to make it happen. If Fram wasn't a potluck fiasco I wouldn't even think about it. Entertainment mostly. If it happens I will cut one here..I guarantee no repaints..lol
You bring up a great point here, Highway Miles, I think I will stick with an OCI at 5000 miles and let the Oil Filter go 4 like 10,000 miles, which is 2 oil changes.. I do not do mostly Highway Driving, I do short trip driving, or maybe 20 miles 1 way and 20 miles back, I have also done the 5 mile drive 1 way and 5 mile drive back.

2020 silverado 1500 5.3L
3315 miles in service

out/off 1.75 quarts HPL EC30 with 6.25 quarts Mobil 1 EP HM 0w-20 with Fram Endurance FE10575

in/on: 8 quarts HPL PCEO 5w-30 with Fram Endurance FE10575

first endurance i’ve cut open. beautiful filter inside and out. the run was short due to it being a test subject for moving our fleet to HPL.

View attachment 207250

View attachment 207252

View attachment 207253

View attachment 207255

View attachment 207256

View attachment 207257

View attachment 207258

View attachment 207259

View attachment 207260

View attachment 207261
Filter cutting king @53' Stude is probably going to give you sage advice to wear nitrile gloves to keep the oil off your hands. Thanks for C&P, this is what’s on my 3.5EB and at about 19k total miles in use. Will be removing at about 23k and C&P’ing it.

please explain why it won’t be “pretty”. it is a metal wire backed filter that takes just as much effort as on OG ultra to bend. you won’t be proven wrong because nothing i put my hands on will have an oil filter on for 24k miles lol.
Whatever miles you put on it please post a c&p..
I am happy to let the filter speak for itself.
I don't have to be right.

Filter cutting king @53' Stude is probably going to give you sage advice to wear nitrile gloves to keep the oil off your hands. Thanks for C&P, this is what’s on my 3.5EB and at about 19k total miles in use. Will be removing at about 23k and C&P’ing it.

No advice, but I do like the gorilla grips gloves. I have GOJO and LABA soap if I cut filters apart with gloves.

i do normally wear gloves but sometimes the trucks come into the bay and i have to have them done asap. dropped the oil on that truck, changed the air filter dumped 8 quarts in it and had it on the road in less than 10 minutes.

Forgot to add ... as time went on, the total media area in the FL500S decreased quite a bit, like almost cut in half. One from 2015 was 227 sq-in, and one a few years later was down to 120 sq-in. The one with 227 sq-in had a center tube with holes, and the one with 120 sq-in had a center tube with louvers. Haven't cut and measured the latest one, but wouldn't be surprised if it was even less than 120 sq-in.
And the price doubled atleast. Ain't that neat...
Although you got more glue...

Back