Wisdom of using 2 Liqui-Moly additives at the same time?

Well than I have used motor kote since my first oil change on my 2007 Honda Accord SE and it had 386000 on it when I traded it in a few months age...I never had a engine problem...so I guess that means Motor Kote is no snake oil either...
Earlier, you called motorkote snake oil.

Which is it?

Do you endorse it, or is it snake oil, as you first said?
Is this just another snake oil like Hot Shot and Motor Kote or have there been tests to PROVE that this stuff works. I here comments on this site about additives and most replies calls them snake oils that do nothing...or the comment that if they are so good dont you think the car manufacturer would use them....So are there tests that are REAL that prove that this stuff really works????

Earlier, you called motorkote snake oil.

Which is it?

Do you endorse it, or is it snake oil, as you first said?
If you look at an updated post I did not mean to say that. I have used Motor Kote in the Accord and was asking about Hot Shot friction eleiminator to use in my 2021 Honda HRV..Sometimes I need to re read a post before sending it...thats part of being 69 years old..

@otis24 this thread goes into a bit of info on the LM additives at least but yes, you can easily mix the LM additives and LM's tech folks will tell you it's ok. They gave a % of the total oil volume to not exceed (can't recall it now) but I've run MoS2 with their Motor Oil Saver without issue...can't see why you couldn't mix with other additives but you can reach out to their tech support and just ask them, they are good about responding. The Lucas is basically the same as their Viscoplus so I would just run both of the LM products together if you are looking for some seal-swelling and oil thickening.

Last edited:
In
Wisdom would be not using any of that crap IMO.
a normally functioning engine, or one that was worth repairing, I would agree. It’s a matter of mitigating a problem, if possible, in a low, cost effective manner if possible. Perhaps just running thicker oil wil solve the problem. If the additives don’t work, I’ve learned what not to do. There is educational value in experimentation.

@otis24 this thread goes into a bit of info on the LM additives at least but yes, you can easily mix the LM additives and LM's tech folks will tell you it's ok. They gave a % of the total oil volume to not exceed (can't recall it now) but I've run MoS2 with their Motor Oil Saver without issue...can't see why you couldn't mix with other additives but you can reach out to their tech support and just ask them, they are good about responding. The Lucas is basically the same as their Viscoplus so I would just run both of the LM products together if you are looking for some seal-swelling and oil thickening.
I believe 10 % total capacity of oil.

In

a normally functioning engine, or one that was worth repairing, I would agree. It’s a matter of mitigating a problem, if possible, in a low, cost effective manner if possible. Perhaps just running thicker oil wil solve the problem. If the additives don’t work, I’ve learned what not to do. There is educational value in experimentation.
My opinion is that one is not mitigating anything by using these after-market additives; you're only "masking" the real problem.

Well, in the case of my daughter’s vehicle, it is better to use these products and have something in the sump than to pull the dipstick and have nothing showing. This has happened several times in spite of my admonishons and protestations!

I check mine regularly enough to perhaps get by with a thicker oil.

Well, in the case of my daughter’s vehicle, it is better to use these products and have something in the sump than to pull the dipstick and have nothing showing. This has happened several times in spite of my admonishons and protestations!

I check mine regularly enough to perhaps get by with a thicker oil.
She won't check the oil herself?

See above “in spite of my admonishons and protestations “. These were verbal interactions wherein I tried to impress upon her the importance of checking her oil. Including explaining how metal objects like pistons, rubbing on other metal objects like cylinders, cause friction, heat and eventually lock up. She is 23 and knows everything. My instructions are met with eye rolling. So, time to let the engine lock up and she can replace it.

See above “in spite of my admonishons and protestations “. These were verbal interactions wherein I tried to impress upon her the importance of checking her oil. Including explaining how metal objects like pistons, rubbing on other metal objects like cylinders, cause friction, heat and eventually lock up. She is 23 and knows everything. My instructions are met with eye rolling. So, time to let the engine lock up and she can replace it.
I agree with that.

Actions have consequences. Hopefully this will be a lesson.

Not sure if v8 toyotas have adjustable lifters, but they might be out of spec a little, may have to adjust them.

The OP posted the reply he got from LM.... 12%

Back