Can Liqui Moly ATF additive be used with ATF3317/ATF 3309 ?

Hello, can Liqui Moly ATF additive be used with ATF3317/ATF 3309 (JWS3309 specs based, commonly used in AISIN ATs)?

Here is the PDS for reference: https://pim.liqui-moly.de/pdf/en_US/liqui/25/P000019

The PDS says "For all automatic transmissions that are filled withDexron II and Dexron III based fluids". As we know...Dex3 & JWS 3309 are similar, but not the same....

Has anybody used this product? What was the experience?

usage wise I believe that this product is meant to be like a "booster pack" of additives to compliment depleted additives in old ATF.

There are many that have never used snake oil additives. Others have tried them all.

What your transmission needs is quality atf and a tolerable service interval. It does not need any bottle fixes.

Last edited:
IMHO, change (at least D/F) ATF every 40k miles and the AT will outlast you. Unless you are a lawyer who charged clients for so many hours you should be at least 400 y.o. when you meet St Peter.

Agreed. The scenario is that it has been a decade and my city beater Suzuki is yet to complete 40K miles (it runs short trips 3-4 times a week). I would surely change ATF when it does.

Since a decade has gone by, I was wondering if I should add something as a "booster" of sorts, thus this question.

In general AT temperature stays within normal range and color & level of ATF seems to be fine. Tranny shifts are seemingly normal, however its tough to remember exactly how shifting felt when the car was brand new.

Hello, can Liqui Moly ATF additive be used with ATF3317/ATF 3309 (JWS3309 specs based, commonly used in AISIN ATs)?

Here is the PDS for reference: https://pim.liqui-moly.de/pdf/en_US/liqui/25/P000019

The PDS says "For all automatic transmissions that are filled withDexron II and Dexron III based fluids". As we know...Dex3 & JWS 3309 are similar, but not the same....

Has anybody used this product? What was the experience?

usage wise I believe that this product is meant to be like a "booster pack" of additives to compliment depleted additives in old ATF.
I've asked Liqui Moly reps that question, and the answer was "they don't know if there is any real benefit"

I just came back from India where I was for a 10 days vacation, one of the cars I was in was a '16 MB CLA200 (C117) with only just over 8k miles on it. I told the owner to get transmission serviced, it was kicking quite a bit when shifting. He wanted to keep the car for another 3-5 years. The funny thing is dealer didn't want to service the car - due to very little mileage per year - they saw it as a problem.
Went to Mahindra dealership just for kicks, interesting and quite appealing lineup, seemed as quality cars/SUVs, got a good look under the hood and under the cars as well to see the chassis, not just interior.

I've asked Liqui Moly reps that question, and the answer was "they don't know if there is any real benefit"
Even better ! interestingly another version of the English manual states compatibility with ATF II and ATF III !

The funny thing is dealer didn't want to service the car - due to very little mileage per year - they saw it as a problem.
Why did the dealer see it as a problem? Did they believe that servicing is not required due to less milage?

Back