Will Mobil 1 get cheaper at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always want to grab a few jugs of m1 whenever im at wallyworld. It is now $22.47 for 5qt jugs. Will m1 ever be had fo $20? I always fear that when stocking up on oil, the prices will drop in a month. Just wondering

You may be able to find it on rollback for around 20 bucks time to time. I would stock up now if you are looking to build your stash it is about time for a price increase.

Another alternative is to find a local Exxon Mobil distributor in your area and contact them for the Mobil product you want to buy. I was able to get PYB for less than 3 bucks a quart this month from my local Pennzoil distributor. Last month the distributor had Pennzoil Ultra for around 4 bucks a quart.

It's currently less than $4.50 a quart at the current price. They can, but I doubt they will as they're already the best game in town. Even if they did, it would be pennies, literally.

So stock away! The inventory awaits.

9029038572_098684d364_c.jpg

Mobil 1 is on rollback at walmarts throughout the country I believe , except Extended Performance. It's listed at 22.47 per jug, I think it used to be at 26.97 reg price, Is it worth stashing ??? What do you stashing pros think ??

PP jumped from 22.47 to 24.97.

Last edited:
I'm all for saving some dollars anywhere I can; a dollar off M1 5qt jug even with my 8cyl engines, even at 25k a year and 8k OCI is a joke of a savings. So many other places to save. Oil sue doesn't seem to give the best return for the shopping dollar outa a WM store.

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
I always want to grab a few jugs of m1 whenever im at wallyworld. It is now $22.47 for 5qt jugs. Will m1 ever be had fo $20? I always fear that when stocking up on oil, the prices will drop in a month. Just wondering

Oil is going to keep getting more expensive as crude costs go up.
Perhaps with visom Mobil is less of a hostage to the markets however that isn't so for many other blenders.
And I don't know what the story is at pennzoil but their gtl basestock is on par or better than pao and poe,and iirc gtl is independent of crude altogether,so as the process gains traction,and larger quantities produced I believe that sopus and Mobil will always be able to sell their superior product cheaper than most other brands of similar quality.
I will always love red line but today I got 10 jugs of PU for 30ish bucks out the door. I can't buy 2 quarts of redline for that price.
Even when I add my 7 dollar can of MOS2 its still cheaper to use PU.
At some point the majors will basically push the boutique oils out into oblivion because their proprietary process' will always cost them less to produce and the little guy has to either formulate a POE/PAO to compete in quality but the cost for these basestocks will be transferred to the customer and at some point the consumer will either realize they can buy something of equal quality cheaper,or they will be oblivious to the quality part and just see cheaper.
Although visom isn't quite as good as what it replaced in many ways a typical driver will never know the difference.
And as direct injection is adopted across all engine lines a low noack such as what's found in PU will become of the utmost importance,much more so than it is now.
I can't wait to use this ultra.

Im not a proponent of the stupid fake synthetic, group III bash type arguments, but at some point, enough downward price pressure will force the oil to remove some of the expensive chemistry from it. WM does nobody favors.

22 dollars and change at 3 diffrent walmarts

It doesnt make sense for them to go any lower, their 26 bucks ( pervious price) is already best deal in town.

I just buy whatever synthetic the deal of the day is. There is little difference between any of them. QSUD is still $20.97 at my WM.

Last edited:
M1 is already cheaper at my WM, it used to be the most expensive at $26-$29 depending, now ive seen it down in the $24 range, and PP in the $22 range.. good for us ! i pay attention to these two as there what i use most next to Rotella.

Last edited:
Mobil conventional went down too, MS5K was $12.97 at my Walmart. I eyed the M1 but I couldn't pass up the MS5K at that price.

I doubt Mobil is losing any money on this. If anyone's not making more money, it's WalMart. I'm no not into hoarding but buy a jug or two now and return later when prices drop.

This is a really good price for M1, especially since Wally offers the coveted 15W-50 and 0W-40 in jugs for the same money.
If you like M1 and want to use it, this is a price at which you could buy a few jugs.
Other than clearance pricing, I doubt you'll see anything lower, and MIRs on M1 that can be used with most retailers have dried up over the past few years.

It's all about time
Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Mobil 1 is on rollback at walmarts throughout the country I believe , except Extended Performance. It's listed at 22.47 per jug, I think it used to be at 26.97 reg price, Is it worth stashing ???

It's all about time value of money. Is 22.47 today worth less than 26.97 a year from now? Only you know.

Last edited:
Buy what you need for the next year - that's it. IMO the price of crude will drop, production is increasing everywhere rapidly and consumption in many places (US & Europe to name 2) is going down. Refined products should decrease some, but at the very least prices should remain stable. My 2 cents.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Buy what you need for the next year - that's it. IMO the price of crude will drop, production is increasing everywhere rapidly and consumption in many places (US & Europe to name 2) is going down. Refined products should decrease some, but at the very least prices should remain stable. My 2 cents.

Lower crude prices are a cheerful thought, although I don't share your optimism.
OTOH, the recession spreading across the EU along with some darkening of the Chinese economic outlook may reduce worldwide demand to the point that we'll actually see lower crude prices over the next year.

Only buy oil when it is priced lowwwwww or they will increase the price
remember pennzoil ultra great oil but it was too much money and it did not sell

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Im not a proponent of the stupid fake synthetic, group III bash type arguments, but at some point, enough downward price pressure will force the oil to remove some of the expensive chemistry from it. WM does nobody favors.

Let's hope that their excellent 0W-40 is exempted from this speculation.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back