Wife brought home Quaker State...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to exclusively use QS conventional. Very good oil, may switch back if I ever get sick of synthetic... (that'll never happen) But overall my car ran very well smooth and very quiet on QS.

Quaker State, Mobil DC and Texaco Havoline are always the oils on sale for $1.99 a Quart here. I really do think "the cheapest name brand SM/GF4 conventional" is good advice until SN/GF5 gets here.

Notice even Johhny has been overcome by the Green (Just kiddin' Johnny!)

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Just put in some QS green bottle. Except for the poorly designed OLD style jug that makes a total mess BUT the oil is great!

I've just go to figure out how to use the jugs (I've got about 15 jugs in the stash) so they work better....

Bill

The local walmart here came out with EZ pour jugs for the quaker state within the last month. About half on the shelf are the old style jug, half are the new style jug.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Just put in some QS green bottle. Except for the poorly designed OLD style jug that makes a total mess BUT the oil is great!

I've just go to figure out how to use the jugs (I've got about 15 jugs in the stash) so they work better....

Bill

The local walmart here came out with EZ pour jugs for the quaker state within the last month. About half on the shelf are the old style jug, half are the new style jug.

Went to Walmart today and picked up a few of the new jugs. Once I use one I'll just dump the other old style jugs oil into the new style ones with a large funnel.

I'll have a extra good time blowing up those QS old style jugs.
39.gif

Glad they improved them.

Take care, bill

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Not sure who came up with the idea of the old QS and Pennzoil jugs but they should be taken out back and
39.gif

I put PYB in the Audi for my last oil change. I wasn't happy with the big jug, either. The new big jugs were there, but they were almost double the price (trying to get rid of old stock, and the new ones will be rolled back, I'm sure).

Bill, ever hear of a funnel?
wink.gif

Yes, I know, I used a funnel and it still was absolutely no fun.

I guess I'm old enough to remember the old QS round bottles, when oil was cheap enough to buy it by the case since it was more convenient than the big jugs. Tip it quick into the Chev 305 fill hole, no mess, no fuss, or stack a couple in a big funnel, same deal.

Not sure who came up with the idea of the old QS and Pennzoil jugs but they should be taken out back and
39.gif

+!
thumbsup2.gif

Makes a mess of my moms car and I can't use a funnel because of the spout location and plastic non-sense they have covering the engine.
mad.gif

I found though if you pour it sideways so the label is horizontal instead of vertical it pours much better.

Last edited:

You would probably be correct on this assumption, but the additive packages are totally different.

Yeah, it seems that QS oils have a more conventional Lubrizol additive package that's more than adequate and that Pennzoil seems to put more emphasis on cleaning...

Originally Posted By: live_to_hunt
My wife was going to walmart so i asked if she could grab some PYB. They did not have 5w30 but right next to it was Quaker State. So it looks like the Chevy is getting somthing different this time. I am guessing the truck wont even notice.

Perspective, man, perspective! Your wife brought home oil!!! An amazing concept.

Originally Posted By: thehkp7m13
I was going to say aren't they owned by the same company?

Dr Pepper and 7-Up are both owned by the same company too. But much different "additive packs", despite the "base oil" being about the same.
56.gif

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Perspective, man, perspective! Your wife brought home oil!!! An amazing concept.

^^Absolutely!
11.gif

Least she brought oil home. My girl is apt to get rid of my stash piece by piece. She even tells me of nightmares of drowning in motor oil and all I do is talk you and a few other guys.

My wife is a good woman.. She even knew to grab me the 6th qt of oil. She grabbed QS because she saw the new commercial when they drain the oil out of the taxi... She even has our oil filter#s programmed in her phone. There is an AAP near her sisters house. every few months she picks up a few Purolators for the Silverado and Sequoia. You guys on here are great and know your stuff. I will be dumping the QS in a few days I have 300 miles till I change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back