why you need semi-auto and large capacity mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trajan
(Like my ex gf, who, when handling my unloaded CX-4, put it *on top* of her shoulder. Or the one I took to the range, who when asking me a question, turned towards me with the *cocked* pistol in her hand.)

This is trainer error. Complete newbs should be instructed prior to and carefully watched during. She should have never had the opportunity to turn around.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: Trajan
(Like my ex gf, who, when handling my unloaded CX-4, put it *on top* of her shoulder. Or the one I took to the range, who when asking me a question, turned towards me with the *cocked* pistol in her hand.)

This is trainer error. Complete newbs should be instructed prior to and carefully watched during. She should have never had the opportunity to turn around.

Ummm no. Not a complete newb. And unless you're going to tie them to a harnass so they can't turn, it can happen. BTW, I'm not the one who did the training.

Last edited:
On the way to the hospital, he was asked by a Walton deputy why he broke into the Henderson Ridge Drive home.
“I was there to steal,” he told the deputy, according to the sheriff. Perp on ventilator

Maybe the target taped to a window is a bad idea, but when criminals were interviewed they said they would be less likely to try to break into a house where there were firearms. They don't want to get shot. If they know there are no firearms in a house they would be more likely to break into that house.

I do think that it is the responsibility of gun owners to make sure that their firearms are secure. We don't want young children to get the guns and we don't want somebody like an Adam Lanza to get the guns.

We should expect responsibility on the part of gun owners. But think about this-we should be able to expect criminals who are convicted to go to prison and if they are violent criminals to stay there. How many children every year are assaulted by child molesters who had been paroled from prison?

A lot of people are quick to attack the gun owners. Well, maybe the government should do a better job protecting citizens and convicting violent criminals. Maybe fewer people whould buy guns if the government did a better job of protecting its citizens and sending the bad guys to prison where they belong, and keeping the bad guys in prison.

I don't know about anybody else here, but I get very tired of hearing about a child being assaulted by a known child molester who had been in prison and then been released. How many times does that have to happen before it changes?

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8

Chapman said Slater has four exit wounds.

Use some good expanding hollow points next time.

Well, apparently one of the first things they want for gun control in this country is for there to be a national data base on everybody who owns guns. This will be one of the first steps. Probably stuff like a ban on 'assault weapons' and a limit to magazine capacity will come next.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Well, apparently one of the first things they want for gun control in this country is for there to be a national data base on everybody who owns guns. This will be one of the first steps. Probably stuff like a ban on 'assault weapons' and a limit to magazine capacity will come next.

If everyone was trustworthy, Id be fully against this. I hate the idea of this in principle.

Unfortunately irresponsible gun owners have done this to themselves. If 200k guns are stolen per year, I have a hard time believing they were all well-secured.

We buy guns because there is this apparent criminal element that is lurking, but then dont secure them, so when the criminals break in fr a smash and grab, which is most common, they find them and they go into criminal circulation.

While there is a basis for government seizure from reading the history books, Im not imagining that to occur any time soon. But the government coming in to review containment and securing, I can see.

But its nobody's fault but our own.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I don't deny that. But tell me where the criminals are getting their guns and high capacity mags?

Eric Holder.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back