Lottery winner murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brasileno
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
$434K is really not that much money to commit murder.

Some hood rats probably thought he had Rolexes, gold bling with diamonds, cash, etc... inside the house. Bad idea to pose in lottery promo photo.

That's about $433,900 more than some have been killed for.

There is something very wrong with our present younger generation of society, or even society in general. It is as if life is not valued.

Somebody stole a snow brush this morning from my house, but you don't see me murdering whoever I think did it..

Unfortunately, I'm speaking from personal experience in disagreeing with that statement. My family has lost 2 people to disputes that involved less than $100, by people who were members of the "Greatest Generation". I personally had a person try to kill me for $300. (Inflation, I guess) That's not a knock on anyone's generation. I'm just saying, greed, murder, and petty theft are old as time.

More money, more problems.

Well he doesn't have any problems now.

My family has lost 2 people to disputes that involved less than $100, by people who were members of the "Greatest Generation".

Maybe it's time to move.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
More money, more problems.

Well he doesn't have any problems now.

My family has lost 2 people to disputes that involved less than $100, by people who were members of the "Greatest Generation".

Maybe it's time to move.

That was years ago, before I was even born.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Somebody stole a snow brush this morning from my house, but you don't see me murdering whoever I think did it..

Why would you have a snow brush in LA? Or is that perhaps a bit of a GHT slip of the tongue?
wink.gif

Awesome post is awesome.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
They didn't kill the girlfriend ? Hmmm

Exactly. And of her quote was anywhere near accurate in the article, she's playing it up a bit much

Off topic:

I knew a guy get a half million dollars in a work related injury, he had to wear a neck 'halo' for 4 months. Women hounded him for money cause he wasn't working and told the women he dated about the lawsuit settlement. Bad mistake.

I know another guy receive almost a million dollars for his inheritance (did not pay a penny in taxes) he is single and is keeping mum about the money. The guy drives a 12 year old car with 200K miles.

You can not buy friends or women to want to be with you.

Off topic:

I knew a guy get a half million dollars in a work related injury, he had to wear a neck 'halo' for 4 months. Women hounded him for money cause he wasn't working and told the women he dated about the lawsuit settlement. Bad mistake.

I know another guy receive almost a million dollars for his inheritance (did not pay a penny in taxes) he is single and is keeping mum about the money. The guy drives a 12 year old car with 200K miles.

Women are always going to come with the attitude that if you cared about them, you would share. They were raised on fairytale stories of the rich royalty who comes along and showers them with riches and luxuries. They don't and can't know any better in many cases.

Add to the mix the female friends who are going to convince them that the basis of their relationship is that they give up the sex, and the man gives up the money, and the whole thing just goes downhill from there.

Then there is the cultural expectation that a person who is "kind" is just going to be a complete fool and give all sorts of monetary gifts to everyone they see.

I remember a story we had to read in school about some sort of oceanside native tribe, where a man finds a massive pearl while scavenging clams and the word gets out. All sorts of real scumbags come out of the woodwork. Doctor poisons his baby, people are out to rob and kill him, etc etc. He ends up having to throw away the huge pearl or something like that because of all of the problems it brings to his life.

That's one lesson that definitely was received by mind, even at a young age.

Off topic:

Women are always going to come with the attitude that if you cared about them, you would share. They were raised on fairytale stories of the rich royalty who comes along and showers them with riches and luxuries. They don't and can't know any better in many cases.

Add to the mix the female friends who are going to convince them that the basis of their relationship is that they give up the sex, and the man gives up the money, and the whole thing just goes downhill from there.

Then there is the cultural expectation that a person who is "kind" is just going to be a complete fool and give all sorts of monetary gifts to everyone they see.

I remember a story we had to read in school about some sort of oceanside native tribe, where a man finds a massive pearl while scavenging clams and the word gets out. All sorts of real scumbags come out of the woodwork. Doctor poisons his baby, people are out to rob and kill him, etc etc. He ends up having to throw away the huge pearl or something like that because of all of the problems it brings to his life.

That was Steinbeck's "The Pearl" and we read it too.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Off topic:

That was Steinbeck's "The Pearl" and we read it too.

Thanks. I'm going to have to read it again, because although I remember the lesson, I clearly don't remember all of the details.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
It's under $500,000 that is not exactly life changing.. wow...1.6 Billion now thats life changing.

It's not real life changing money, but it certainly changed his life.

Many rich people drive regular older cars the ones that struggle go into debt and buy or lease the expensive ones and some of them hold down 2 jobs to support their ride. They have to look cool... Oh Boy!

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I saw that a few days ago. Sad really and **if** I ever won a lottery, it would be completely anonymous.

Unfortunately that is not an option. As others have said at the very least the Lotto commission has to make your name public. You can not win the lottery as an anonymous person.

I know of some folks that are multimillionaires that you would never guess by their lifestyle or demeanor. I also know folks that act and spend like millionaires and are hocked up to their neck. Even after the meltdown many learned nothing and the mcmansion world has started up again.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I saw that a few days ago. Sad really and **if** I ever won a lottery, it would be completely anonymous.

Unfortunately that is not an option. As others have said at the very least the Lotto commission has to make your name public. You can not win the lottery as an anonymous person.

With a good lawyer and some planning...yes, you probably could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back