why do i even get up early?rant on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting married tomorrow. I took today off to get the last of the loose ends done. I have to go to the dmv,bank,hair cut and phone store.got done at the dmv in record time. Now off to the phone store and bank i pull up to the bank at 815 but they dont open till 10! So i went to the phone store and they dont open till 10. This puts me 2 hrs behind schedule as i still have a 4 hr drive today! Why cant businesses open at a normal 7 or 8 am? Rant off.

thats pretty odd around here everything is open by 9 at least.

OTOH if they opened at 7 or 8 they would have to have 2 shifts.

10-7 can be 1 shift

Last edited:
Well if you lived out here it would be 10:00am when it 7:00am at your house and you wouldn't have those problems.
grin2.gif

I have ran into the same problem before. Went to WalMart bright and early to score some ammo and then none of the other places I needed to go opened until 9 or 10.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Im getting married tomorrow. I took today off to get the last of the loose ends done. I have to go to the dmv,bank,hair cut and phone store.got done at the dmv in record time. Now off to the phone store and bank i pull up to the bank at 815 but they dont open till 10! So i went to the phone store and they dont open till 10. This puts me 2 hrs behind schedule as i still have a 4 hr drive today! Why cant businesses open at a normal 7 or 8 am? Rant off.

Because on a normal work day, people would rather have those places open well after work. It's not practical for most to run errands during or before work, nor would they want to as your job usually takes priority and focus once getting up in the morning.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
My banks are both online,
USAA and ALLY
thumbsup2.gif

so is mine but i cant withdraw any money online and the atm is limited to 200.

Im a morning person and i always did my errands in the am. Im too pooped after work to do them

Ya its stressfull. But i had my day planned. I never thought that a bank would not open at 9a and a cell phone store 10. Im supposed to be on the road right now. I have people meeting me 200 miles away to set things up. And those things are still in my trailer at home. Grrrr

I know! Here in Da Swamp, for 10 months of the year it's insanely hot and sticky. You'd think people would want to get their errands done before 10 am, 11 at the latest, and then scurry back to their air-conditioned caves until the sun goes down. (Not that the area is any cooler then, after being baked all day.) I can understand why mom-and-pop places, the few that are left like my cleaners, might not want to open too early. But grocery stores, Penney's, and Target ought to be open at 7:00!

It's always bothered me why any business isn't open by 8AM. Although I work 2nd shift (2:30 - 11:00pm), I am often up and ready to go before most folks are. Part of the reason I work my shift is to avoid crowds and get things done when others are at work.....so YES, it irritates me as well when they don't open until 9 or 10.

Don't do it.. Don't do it!!!! Run while you can and buy a ticket to hedonism in Jamaica!!!!!
grin.gif
Just kidding!!!
Congrats on finding someone you love and want to be with!!!!!!
thumbsup2.gif

Around here its 9-10am during the week and 11-noon on Sundays...

Don't sweat the small stuff and do focus on enjoying your wedding.

You and those around you will be glad you did.

Good luck!

See what waking up early gets you? Nothing! (I'm a night owl
smile.gif
)

As Calvin once said "Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back