Why are quick-struts more profitable for shops?

Billing for work not done is pretty shady and why some auto repair shops get a bad rep. If the flat rate is 2 hours for the quick struts they installed but they bill for the regular strut service of 3 flat rate hours, they are ripping you off.
What work is being billed for that isn’t done ? They quote you X you either agree to it or not. Another shop may quote you X too or Z it’s your choice to pay it or not
They are labor guides not the 10 commandments of what a place person or business will charge. It’s a guide.

shady is not doing something. Not telling you it’s 3 hours and you agreeing to it.

What work is being billed for that isn’t done ? They quote you X you either agree to it or not. Another shop may quote you X too or Z it’s your choice to pay it or not
They are labor guides not the 10 commandments of what a place person or business will charge. It’s a guide.

shady is not doing something. Not telling you it’s 3 hours and you agreeing to it.
Being billed for the 3 hours it takes to swap out the struts and then using quick struts on which the flat rate is just 2 hours.

I don’t think you understand what you are talking about. Are you asking the said shady shop what they are using or what they are charging or what

sounds like you are just trying to point a finger at someone and claim they are shady ? I don’t recall any labor ops with prodemand that are using the term quick strut assembly

like I said a shop can charge what ever they want just like a doctor lawyer hvac person can. They quote you 3 to do quick struts that’s what they charge I don’t think there is any bait and switch going on

They quote you 3 to do quick struts that’s what they charge I don’t think there is any bait and switch going on
Or maybe you didn't get what I'm pointing out. In your example, let say they quote you 3 to do REGULAR struts. But instead they do quick struts which flat rate at 2 but they still charge you for 3. That's the shady part.

Or maybe you didn't get what I'm pointing out. In your example, let say they quote you 3 to do REGULAR struts. But instead they do quick struts which flat rate at 2 but they still charge you for 3. That's the shady part.

Most labor guides don't give times for fully assembled strut assemblies as that is not how they're sold by the OE manufacturer.

Back