Why are cordless grease guns so expensive?

I have been using a Milwaukee battery operated grease gun at work. I can tell it how much grease to dispense,how fast etc.

I have decided that I need one. Until I priced one. $300 after tax for the one with a battery and charger. $170 ish + tax for the tool only.

Why so much?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-163401.jpg
    Screenshot_20210212-163401.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 26
I can only assume that these are not hugely popular with the average battery tool user. They probably sell to those that do remote service on a regular basis. If your in a high volume shop setting grease is bought in bulk, if your a homeowner car guy you might only pull the grease gun down 1 or 2 times a year. So this makes them a small run specialty item that cant make the profit with volume sales.

I got my Flexzilla grease gun at Tractor Supply for $99 on sale. Regular $199 can’t beat it for the price I paid it’s an excellent gun it gets heavy use.

$119 at Home depot tool only, $219 with 4 Ah battery, charger and extra tool. Tough to beat HD for M12 and M18. Check website first for deals not shown in stores. I buy a ton from Amazon but never Milwaukee. They are not competitive and have limited selection. HD has it or can get anything. Often delivered the next day or PU in store.

Last edited:
$119 at Home depot tool only, $219 with 4 Ah battery, charger and extra tool. Tough to beat HD for M12 and M18. Check website first for deals not shown in stores. I buy a ton from Amazon but never Milwaukee. They are not competitive and have limited selection. HD has it or can get anything. Often delivered the next day or PU in store.
Shows a lot more than that here. $179 and $299.

Curious if my price $119 and $219 shows up when others view my link?

Or their local price?

FWIW - I have a HD account. Not a big time buyer or contractor. Anyone can get it. Get lots of notices for promotions (deletable).

Last edited:
I see 119 when I click your link. Says location is Niagara falls.
Yours is the 12v. I want the 18 v with all its options.
Powered grease guns can cause very nasty injuries. I suspect the cost of potential lawsuits might be built into the price.
how? If you hold a finger over the end grease just squirts around it

Reactions: JC1
Yours is the 12v. I want the 18 v with all its options.

how? If you hold a finger over the end grease just squirts around it
If it breaks skin it travels through the different layers of flesh with ease. Only treatment that works is to cut the affected area open and wash it all out. Google has very disturbing images of "High-pressure injection injury"

You need to inject a lot of grease to justify the price. Even then, ain’t broke, don’t fix it comes to mind.

I suspect it’s a low seller, and the battery and charger add cost if not a bare tool. Any tool by itself will run $80+.

You need to inject a lot of grease to justify the price. Even then, ain’t broke, don’t fix it comes to mind.

I suspect it’s a low seller, and the battery and charger add cost if not a bare tool. Any tool by itself will run $80+.
I bet that I have 50 or so zerks to grease.the FJ has a bunch.Jeep,f250 and our Can Am Maverick is loaded with them. I can count 25 from memory on the Maverick!

I bet that I have 50 or so zerks to grease.the FJ has a bunch.Jeep,f250 and our Can Am Maverick is loaded with them. I can count 25 from memory on the Maverick!
My S-10 has 11. My Ram has at least four.

That’s 15-30 grease pumps. Once a year since the vehicles don’t get huge miles. All the rest of our vehicles have none. I guess my jack has one. Parents’ riding mower has a few.

Amortizing the cost versus the number of pumps of the gun, just doesn’t make sense to me. I’d need to be greasing daily or distributing a LOT of grease in some much larger industrial equipment for it to make sense (to me).

Reactions: JC1
Well I got it. My wife said that since I rarely ask for anything that I should treat myself. Got it from HD.

Put red and tacky in it and greased the FJ and the Jeep so far.

So much nicer than the type you squeeze. The squeezing was making my hand hurt.

Well I got it. My wife said that since I rarely ask for anything that I should treat myself. Got it from HD.

Put red and tacky in it and greased the FJ and the Jeep so far.

So much nicer than the type you squeeze. The squeezing was making my hand hurt.
I can see where the wife would be an issue. Most of us single guys can manage a manual grease gun fine.......

I think there’s a lot to them fluid power wise. They’re tough.

A lock n lube fitting and a battery powered grease gun will clear all sorts of fittings.

Back