Who on here you'd have over for Thanksgiving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Thanksgiving dinner that is...

First of my menu would be a REAL hickory smoked spiral ham (off my grill) with a brown sugar maple syrup glaze infused with cinnamon and ground clove, crock pot green beans seasoned with bullion and onion flakes, homemade mashed potatoes with blue cheese mixed in with fresh cracked pepper, homemade macaroni and cheese, homemade pumpkin pie and coconut pie for dessert.

Now, who on here I would like to have over in no particular order.
Car51 because he's just really nice and cool. Garak because he is so nice, smart, and professional. Shannow for same reasons as Garak. Grampi because I think it would be fun and entertaining. Turtlevette because I think he would actually be quite interesting in getting to know and it wouldn't surprise me if we have a lot of fun telling stories. 4wd because I get the idea he would be great to listen to his life and stories he has to tell. AirgunSavant because of similar reasons as 4wd. Oneyejack would be fun and I could learn a lot from his life experiences. SR5 because he is very nice and just a good guy. Tony10s would be great too because he's really nice and cool as well. Demarpaint would be really good to for the same reasons as SR5 and Tony10s. UncleDave would be great as well. Super smart and very nice too. Edyvw because he is really a good guy and fun to talk junk with as well. He would be a lot of fun. I have zero doubt in that.

Last edited:
I would love to have over here in North Carolina for thanksgiving would be Trav, airgunsavant, KCJEEP, dnewton3, OVERKILL, spasm3, eljefino, blueovalfilter, bdcardinal, nickdfresh, miller88 and many more too numerous to mention and bbhero cause he's a standup guy with "the boss" I.e. His cat
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald, I knew I was going to miss some folks.. yes sir you would gladly be asked to come over too. My bad for not mentioning ya. I think we would have a great time. I know I'm missing others too. But, yeah you definitely are welcome as well. That's why I sent you that msg that time.... I hope you are good and everything is good now for you. Man I tell ya... our conversations would be a blast even if we disagree
smile.gif

Car51... you are the real deal Captain. I appreciate ya for all you do on here.

Great post - it tops off a good day ...
... and yes if not for current issues I'd had been overseas and missed T-day with family...

Every silver lining has a cloud
wink.gif

4wd: glad you and yours are safe.

I hope blueovalfilter had a wonderful day today also as thinking of him lately and how he's helped lots of folks

Bbhero: you'd meet the two terrors, err nephews which I love :^)

I agree 51.. those cats you mentioned would on my list too.... I knew I'd miss people on my list. And Bdcardinal, BlueOvalFitter, OVERKILL Nickdfresh, eljefino, spasm3, Trav would be good to have over too. I would even have to say that Dishdude would be good to have over too. Even though we see the world in different ways I think we would have a good time. Some of my very good friends I have had a similar interaction with and yet I greatly enjoy what they have to say and believe.

I'd invite all the military Veterans over, I always enjoy swapping stories. I don't even know who all of them are but my door is always open to them. I'm sure Astro14 has some great Tomcat stories!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Pop_Rivet because he can COOK or at least make convincing photos.
20.gif

Make sure you grow your own Turkey!

Originally Posted By: Donald
Oh well - I was hoping I would be invited. Now no place to go on Thanksgiving!! Maybe I can find an open Chinese restaurant.

I'd join you. Turkey isn't my favorite food. General Tso chicken and white rice sounds better
thumbsup2.gif

I know I am forgetting a few, but I would invite bdcardinal, bythabay, JHZR2, PandaBear, Trav, Char Baby, Garak, Supton and sciphi. In fact, I have already met 1/2 of the people on that list in-person. Great guys who helped me become who I am today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

It's tough, because everyone here is cool in their own way, and quite a few have helped me on the way to the guy I am now..
wink.gif
Both old school and New BITOGers...

Guess I would have to set things up buffet style at my house...or heck-even rent a hall and add some potluck....think it would be a great time!
cool.gif

Yeah, Dave you have inspired me. I feel like you've kind of been through the gauntlet a bit. But you still keep on keeping on going forward and strong. I hope that you continue on and that you and your family are blessed. I'm pulling for you man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back