White smoke came out of vents

The other night while it was raining, we pressed the sync button on our 2017 chevy impalas climate control system and white smoke started coming out of the vents. There was also a strange noise that lasted a few minutes. We had heat and defrost on at the time. I did some troubleshooting and it seems like our AC no longer works. The heat and fans work, all electrical seems to work.

Anyone have any idea what happened?

It can be ice melting out of a frozen evaporator-but it could be a massive refrigerant leak that blew out all the gas at once. Need to pressurize the system with nitrogen, I bet the leak will be audible if the refrigerant blew.

Freon escaping will sometimes show as a mist.

2017 Chevy Impalas have an AC evaporator core recall. And getting it fixed with a recall is a heck of a lot cheaper than any other way of getting it fixed.

Freon escaping will sometimes show as a mist.

2017 Chevy Impalas have an AC evaporator core recall. And getting it fixed with a recall is a heck of a lot cheaper than any other way of getting it fixed.
Are you sure about this? Is there any documentation you can provide that I can give to my dealer?

Back