Which Synthetic Should I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys going to be changing the oil in the suburban soon. I can get Pennzoil PLatnium, Mobile 1 Full Syn, Castrol Edge, and Mobil 5000 all for 25$......Which of these would be best for Chevy Engines? Planning to run the oil 6 or 7000 miles.

It is spelled Mobil, Pennzoil Platinum would be a choice that would work. Mobil 5k and PP at the same price is showing the Mobil 5k is over priced. Go to a Walmart it will teach you alot.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Hey guys going to be changing the oil in the suburban soon. I can get Pennzoil PLatnium, Mobile 1 Full Syn, Castrol Edge, and Mobil 5000 all for 25$......Which of these would be best for Chevy Engines? Planning to run the oil 6 or 7000 miles.

The cheapest as long as it has a specific recommendation for your exact engine. Each company site has an oil finder page to check and the Castrol, Mobil and Shell ones work well in engine type list terms.
It's worth doing a single UOA with TBN to figure out the correct OCI.

All of them will reach your goal and perform well, but I would choose PP or M1 out of your choices.
If I could pick any oil for your burban it would be M1 HM.

Quaker State Ultimate synthetic is about $21 at most Walmarts and would easily meets your needs. If you are near Advance Auto, 5 qts QS Ultimate and a P1 filter is $24.99 this month.

For Pennzoil's 20wt and 30wt oils I definitely prefer PP to PU.
Great UOAs, very shear resistant and grade for grade PP is lighter with higher VIs. Plus it's usually cheaper.
Compared to M1 I generally prefer PP but it depends on the grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back