Which Roundup Product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try cleaning vinegar. 10% or higher acetic acid concentration. If not, id try a weed control product that is expected to work without killing grass (i know its artificial turf) instead of using glyphosphate.

IMO, I would investigate more before applying herbicides to synthetic turf. These products may not even be labeled for this use, which would make it against the law. They are designed to go on real plants growing in soil or driveway/patio cracks, where they will be absorbed into both the plants and the soil surface. This is safer because it also facilitates less exposure and faster breakdown. Both of these products are NOT labeled for real lawns. Both products caution against spraying around the root zones of trees. Spraying on plastic grass where you might be walking through?????

Both products contain the same active ingredients: glyphosate, Diquat dibromide, and Imazapic ammonium salt (no experience with the last 2). Glyphosate works by being absorbed into the plant and translocated to the roots. diquat dibromide is a contact herbicide that burns the plant top only (I don't think it kills the roots). The Imazapic ammonium salt claims both contact post emergent burn down and soil pre-emergent activity (it creates a layer in the top inch of soil and prevents longer term weed seed germination).

The Roundup 365 has a much higher concentration of the pre-emergent Imazapic (1.6% vs. 0.3%), so it "might" provide better long term pre-emergent weed germination control. But, I did not study the labels, so at the labeled dilution rates its possible the applied active ingredient rates are similar
21.gif

I would check with experts in your locality for the correct answer. I have no idea how your synthetic turf is installed. I.E., would the pre-emergent component even be able penetrate the turf to reach the soil underneath where it needs to be??? Again, I only glanced briefly at the product labels and their active ingredients. Personally, I would seek something different for synthetic turf, but I have no expertise with this particular situation. Don't trust a quick internet opinion.

Product labels:
https://assets.greenbook.net/L123191.pdf
https://assets.greenbook.net/L123194.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back