Which Oil for a 1996 Subaru Outback???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I think I will try. To this point, I have been a very traditional 3k oci'er. I am going to stick with mobil 1 and the Napa platinum filter and puch my oci out to 6000 miles. then I will do a uoi. Where do I go to get a uoi anyway?

FWIW I am not in agreement with using Mobil 1 on a 3,000 mile OCI. I don't think that you are even half way through that oil. Why not try going to at least 5,000 miles and then do a UOA. The 3,000 mile interval does not pass muster in the modern era.

Hey Flyboy2404:
Im just over the hill in SEA and Im running pyb in my caravan and it runs like silk at 140k. We want to see a UOA on the oil after and a cut out of the filter....I hope you have your snows near by because we are going to get it this year.... Good luck.
Turboprops Rule!!!!

Originally Posted By: TomYoung
FWIW I am not in agreement with using Mobil 1 on a 3,000 mile OCI. I don't think that you are even half way through that oil. Why not try going to at least 5,000 miles and then do a UOA. The 3,000 mile interval does not pass muster in the modern era.

If you read my post thouroughly, you would have seen that I plan to push my oci out to 6000k miles then do an uoa. I found a lab just down the street from my house that will do them for $21.50.

Originally Posted By: Gene K
A NA Boxer will run forever on water.....

Just about the truth. As long as there isn't any consumption or leaks I'd just stay with a quality SM/SN 5W-30. All the choices mentioned so far would be great M1, PP, PU, Valvoline or any of the other multitude of good options.

If you do decide to go with the water I'd look for the H20 grade
05.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back