Which is the best Noack oil? I have these choices:

So, what's the NOACK on the Mobil 1 ESP oils.....0w20, 0w30 and 5w30? One would think it would be as good or better than the their EP oils, seeing how highly regarded they seem to be on this site and the plethora of approvals they have.

EDIT. Found this.

Last edited:
generally typical group III fake synthetics that are THICKER have better noacks + any 5 or 10 W-30 dwpending on your ambient temps IMO + thinner xx- 20's are for a scant better EPA mpg while most xx-30 will give MORE protection especially most DI engines thin the oil.

Anything that's not Redline broseph! LOL :poop:
Red Line is awesome, unless you understand that they don't use Metallocene PAO or Alkylated Naphthalene in their formulations. Red Line stubbornly places all their faith in Polyolester and PAO. What you're left with is an expensive motor oil that behaves more or less like an off the shelf oil, except for the poor TBN retention. Of course, I could be completely wrong, so please feel free to correct me.

Red Line is awesome, unless you understand that they don't use Metallocene PAO or Alkylated Naphthalene in their formulations. Red Line stubbornly places all their faith in Polyolester and PAO. What you're left with is an expensive motor oil that behaves more or less like an off the shelf oil, except for the poor TBN retention. Of course, I could be completely wrong, so please feel free to correct me.
When 'ol Benj gets on his Redline schpeel I feel inclined to roll out this wonderful image I made, lol

Who's better than REDLINE? NOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOODY!!!!
Benjy Redline.jpg

Order online at Walmart or Amazon. The new Triple Action+ formulation is awesome. Mobil really spent some serios coin & time developing and testing this. I'm running it in my wife's Jeep GC WK2.
Once I use up my stash of Valvoline EP synthetic oils - I am switching over to vanilla M1 5W30 as it checks just about all of the important boxes in an oil for me plus is less expensive than Valvoline EP synthetic oil making the M1 a no brainer selection.

Rapeseed canola... Think Lubegard!

I could care less about NOACK with my TGDI and GDI engines

Post the year/make/model/engine/OCI/engineoilrequirements... and go from there

"don't feed the trolls, they said......"

OP - hey guys, I'm looking for a 1000 island dressing with the least amount of pickles in it because X. I have these 4 options, which of these 4 have the least pickles?

Everyone else - you should order this Yum aTum sauce from Bangfack Japan. It doesn't even have chunks of pickles, more like pickle residue. Why do you want less pickles? You don't know what you want......

OP - I don't want Yum aTum sauce, I want 1000 island and I don't want to order it. (maybe OP only has 5 bucks....., Yum aTum sauce is 25 bucks)

Everyone else - no, you really don't, and you should just order the gods cursed Yum aTum sauce. You are a stupid troll. 1000 island isn't even real 1000 island, only Yum aTum is 1000 island.

Back