which budget 9mm handgun?

I didn't read it all...

Hard to recommend when you don't describe the intended use. CCW very different answer than home defense or range gun.

Since my previous recommendation, in another thread, clearly wasn’t good enough, and the OP has changed from .45 to 9mm, I will simply say, “good luck with your purchase”.

Since my previous recommendation, in another thread, clearly wasn’t good enough, and the OP has changed from .45 to 9mm, I will simply say, “good luck with your purchase”.
That's a solid recommendation, and Glocks are easy to rebuild if needed. If the frame can be replaced by Glock themselves for not a lot of money. 👍

I'd like to ask for a recommendation from you: I would like to get my first 45, and I'd like it to be a 1911. What would you recommend as a decent option?

I looked at the TISAS Manta Ray here: https://hplu.be/hRXTA

I found it for $399 + shipping + $20 transfer fee at my local gun shop. If anyone wants to know where I found it, they can PM me. I don't want to advertise it on the public forum, I don't think it's proper.

Would you recommend this brand as a first 1911? It has Colt 70-series internals. I am not a trigger snob, so I would prefer something with series 80 internals, however, they seem to be hard to find.

Thank you, I appreciate your advice.

That's a solid recommendation, and Glocks are easy to rebuild if needed. If the frame can be replaced by Glock themselves for not a lot of money. 👍

I'd like to ask for a recommendation from you: I would like to get my first 45, and I'd like it to be a 1911. What would you recommend as a decent option?

I found it for $399 + shipping + $20 transfer fee at my local gun shop. If anyone wants to know where I found it, they can PM me. I don't want to advertise it on the public forum, I don't think it's proper.

Would you recommend this brand as a first 1911? It has Colt 70-series internals. I am not a trigger snob, so I would prefer something with series 80 internals, however, they seem to be hard to find.

I think this topic (what 1911 to get) is worth a thread of its own. I have no experience with the Tisas, though I have read good things about it.

My experience with Springfield (I have a couple) has been great. They work well out of the box. They are a slightly different price level. They make a range of products, but even their cheapest has run well for me.

Ruger EC9/EC9s, or its older (no longer made) cousin, the LC9/LC9s. I had an LC9 and it was a nice shooter.

@Invisible

Rock Island makes a nice .45 - bought and sold one and wish I'd kept it. I was OTD at a pawn shop about $325 10 or 11 years ago. I wanted a different .45 (a Ruger - which is now badly overpriced compared to it's release price, which is why I never bought one) and sold the RIA for what I had in it. Mine was the very basic bare bones fixed sight early model, and they have gotten nicer. It shot every time, as accurate as I could shoot it.

Tisas have a very good rep. Have shot one in 9mm - it was about the same as the RIA IMO.

I do suggest looking at the Ruger SR1911 lightweight model. It can be had for about $650 and I'm looking forward to holding one. My next splurge will either be a RIA 10mm or the lightweight SR1911 in .45

You can get into a Springfield Mil Spec 1911 if you shop around for about 650 also. They are not fancy but extremely solid.

A 1911 is a 1911, much the same way an AR is an AR. You can take a cheap one and drop a few hundred into it to make it a bit nicer, or you can spend the extra few hundred up front and just buy a nicer one.

I think this topic (what 1911 to get) is worth a thread of its own. I have no experience with the Tisas, though I have read good things about it.

My experience with Springfield (I have a couple) has been great. They work well out of the box. They are a slightly different price level. They make a range of products, but even their cheapest has run well for me.
Are you going to make another thread?
edit: i missed the 1911 part.

Ruger EC9/EC9s, or its older (no longer made) cousin, the LC9/LC9s. I had an LC9 and it was a nice shooter.
Carry a gen1 LC9 everywhere I go. I love it. Hard to find a hammer fired one anymore since a ton of people did trade in when they released the striker fired version.

1911s need their own thread.
I have a few.

Still need to know its intended use and budget.

I have about 21 1911's - they're one of my favorites. As for top quality I prefer my Colts and Kimbers. For rock bottom low price with average to good quality would be the Rock River Arms. Right in the middle is the Taurus which is the best combo of price, features and quality.

I would buy whatever you can in Compact or Subcompact and here is my. recommended...

Taurus G2s or G3, Canik, Walther PPS, Ruger EC9, Ruger SR9c or Stoeger 9 SC, Tristar or Tisas, CZ P10S(rare and dcd but fantastic)

I have about 21 1911's - they're one of my favorites. As for top quality I prefer my Colts and Kimbers. For rock bottom low price with average to good quality would be the Rock River Arms. Right in the middle is the Taurus which is the best combo of price, features and quality.
Rock River rock bottom price? Please help a brother out and tell me where I can score one for cheap.

Back