Which AMSOIL to use????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which oil for 2004 Volvo S60 R

AMSOIL 0W30
AMSOIL 5W30
AMSOIL 10W30

Reason I ask is the 04 S60 R recommended oil in the manual is 10W30. In 05 and I believe 06 they (Volvo) changed their minds and recommend 5W30 and yet again in 07 they changed their minds and recommend 5W40. (No change in the engine)????

I drive 15,000 miles a year. Car currently has 92,000 miles. AMSOIL doesn't have their extended filter so I use an OE filter and change every 6-7,000 miles. Thanks.

Last edited:
Use SSO (0w30). Undoubtedly the best product they make and one of the best products, if not the best product on the market. Hands down the only choice IMO.

Superior cold flow properties, a super stout additive package and great resistance to heat/shearing.

Originally Posted By: brandini
sso - you're in maine!

Doesn't get as cold as one thinks along the coast. Also Volvo says 10W30 is good to -4 degrees and 5W30 good for -24 degrees. Just wondering if 0W30 is overkill??

0w30 is a plus... Better flow, regardless of how cold it gets where you are... I would get it simply to get the awesome add-pack and super fine base stocks they use in this product.

Sure 10w30 or 5w30 is acceptable, but why not have better at 0w30 along with a super stout oil?

Best of both worlds...

So would it be same to use teh 0W30 with an OE filter and change it at 7500 miles?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
0w30 is a plus... Better flow, regardless of how cold it gets where you are... I would get it simply to get the awesome add-pack and super fine base stocks they use in this product.

Sure 10w30 or 5w30 is acceptable, but why not have better at 0w30 along with a super stout oil?

Best of both worlds...

Agreed. What he said.....

Just being prepared...

I guess I'm the only one who will recommend this, but I'd go with ATM 10W-30. It's the stoutest oil they have short of SSO, and it's what is called for in the manual. It still has a pour point north of -40 so cold weather isn't an issue, but it's noticeably cheaper than SSO... IMHO

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
SSO is light on additives

No it isn't.
That's what I thought Ben meant but I posted "Huh?" to give him a chance to explain...

I see you saw the same thing... If that is the case, he is sadly mistaken. It's a super stout oil and like I posted before... It might be the best oil on the market. Anyone that thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
High in calcium, low in everything else.

Gotta keep them bones and teeth strong!

Those are amsoils top tier oils.

Seeing how the price is virtually the same, I would also go with the 0w30.....why not? It would flow better than the 5 or 10w30 and offer the same protection.

It is WICKED stuff.

If I wasn't doing 6 month oil changes right now, I would be running the 0w30 in the Jeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back