Where to place jack stands?

I just keep reading “it’s in the owners manual”, yet all I can find is where is shows the jack points. No where to put the stands when you get it up.

I don’t want to guess and end up ruining or bending something that wasn’t designed to bear weight.

The car in question is our 2021 VW Jetta.
At the O.M. dictated jack point. Hyd post lift points can go inboard to a subframe when needed for special servicing, but I would jack at the unibody pinch points that have that extra tab of high gauge steel welded in purposefully for lifting.

Where DemoFly showed inboard on the subframe is too far inboard to be stable. Especially if you are not picking it up with a lift arm that has a rubber pad - a jackstand can slip easily.

USE CAUTION!

Put the jack stands where you lift from.

View attachment 121431
In the absence of this this is what I use
The same result

9F94CC50-CE68-4D8D-A0D5-3DC043701040.jpeg

I agree with Demo and doit.

I use a small piece of wood between the jack/jackstand and the subframe.

IMine has "ears" on the rear suspension trailing arm mounts - i use a short piece of 2x4 or 4x4 there, be careful there is a splash shield bolted to the side of one of them - the left i think.

I do like the jack point stands, but way pricy, we talked about it before but i would advise against trying to get the whole car up for rotations, easier for me to do one at a time...

You can lift one whole side if you desire and have a good jack. it is very still chassis, but it is more precarious and doesn't really speed the process much if you are cross rotating the non drive wheels - which you should be.

Back