Oil change

maybe this type of plug?
090-080CD-007.jpeg
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-16151-65109.aspx

I was having issues trying to change the oil in a car I bought, as the original oil plug was replaced with what I can only describe as a stove knob looking bolt (the type of knob that's flat not like a gas knob ) never seen one like it before.

I couldn't get it off a shop wouldn't take it off , so I bought. A hose and something to syphon the oil out it wasn't working, so I tried sucking on the tube to get the oil flowing out which only worked long as I kept sucking .

Then someone mentioned taking the oil filter off and starting it up .

I looked it up and found this place with someone asking the same question.

It's what I did to change the oil . That made things easy .

It is of course under the oil pan so it drained everything out.
Thankfully because that oil hadn't been changed since 2021 .
Never take off the oil filter and start it. If it's not leaking, you can get a suctioning device made for oil changing. You could remove the piece of hardware and use a repair kit or change out the oil pan which is probably the best bet.

It's early for April fools. If indeed it's real I would guess someone stripped the threads and got something to jam in the hole to act as drain plug.

If you use Channel locks to get it out be prepared to have on hand a kit of some kind to repair the drain plug threads. Or replace the oil pan.

@DonaldI I think you are correct...early April fools BS. I don't think @bluedragon81 is coming back. It's been nearly a week and he/she/they have not posted a pic of this knob- or dial-like thingamajigger.
Or it's possible the guy went Jiffy Lube and this is what he was left with.

Another possibility is this is something from Doorman to fix drain plug threads issues. (Or anything else you can screw it into).

Back