Honda Pilot Transmission Service

Finally snagged my son’s Pilot for the Honda TSB recommended trans service and filter change. When vehicle was on jack stands we ran it through the gears up to 50 mph as per the TSB. Traction control switched off. During this process the dash display showed every possible failure that could take place. Don’t understand why. Any guesses?

The computer probably freaked out when the wheels were turning, especially fast enough to make 50 mph, but the car not actually moving :sneaky:

The computer probably freaked out when the wheels were turning, especially fast enough to make 50 mph, but the car not actually moving :sneaky:
That’s what it seemed but it’s a poor system if that procedure sets warnings for everything from door locks to low coolant. After actually driving everything cleared up but it was concerning.

That’s what it seemed but it’s a poor system if that procedure sets warnings for everything from door locks to low coolant. After actually driving everything cleared up but it was concerning.
Wait till you get a flat tire and install the temporary spare - the ADAS systems will love that.

Finally snagged my son’s Pilot for the Honda TSB recommended trans service and filter change. When vehicle was on jack stands we ran it through the gears up to 50 mph as per the TSB. Traction control switched off. During this process the dash display showed every possible failure that could take place. Don’t understand why. Any guesses?
purchased a 2004 pilot w 160k w poor maintenance- did all services- for tranny drain n fill 3x w honda fluid. Fluid blk when towing 3500lbs at 4k miles- drain n fill tran w every mobile 1 oil change. Switch to valvoline max life- still clean at 15k miles towing. Honda tran fluid is junk!! After purchase for peace- I did timing kit, plugs,all fluids, added tranny cooler w fan- no issues except for honda tran fluid not lasting. I beat this suv up towing Ca - Tx- SD -Utah- NV- CA-OR coast- WA coast- down 5 hwy to CA- no issues!!!!!!!

You have to turn off VSA too. Easiest to do with a scan tool. Dont run up to 50. just drive around the block under 25mph and check level.

That makes more sense but it was raining sideways here all day Saturday. Didn’t want to work under a dripping mess.

Back