Where to buy PP that's thicker than 30wt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10w-40 is such an out dated weight range.. Im really surprised that its available in anything anymore.. I guess mostly to appease the old-timers who still think thats the greatest thing since sliced bread.

10W-40 synthetics have their benefits over 5W-40 and 0W-40. If base oil quality is similar, 10W-40 has less VIIs, lower volatility, and possibly longer oil change interval capabilities (from a deposit resistance perspective).

Originally Posted By: peterdaniel
10w-40 is such an out dated weight range.. Im really surprised that its available in anything anymore.. I guess mostly to appease the old-timers who still think thats the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Apparently Mobil doesn't feel this way, in offering a Mobil 1 10w-40...

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: peterdaniel

Apparently Mobil doesn't feel this way, in offering a Mobil 1 10w-40...

Mobil1 10W-40 is offered in a HM formulation that meets the ACEA A3 specs...

I wish I could find Quaker State synthetics in the 5W-40 or 10W-60 weights, both reputed to be rebadged Shell Helix...

Last edited:
Contact a SOPUS distributor. He/she may have others within their customer base that are using it and have it on hand. My semi-retired wrench always has some 5w-40 PZ sitting there for a few of his customers.

Just don't expect Wally World prices.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back