Castrol Australia website different from USA

Castrol Australia tells me to run 5w40 in my 1994 ls400 ucf10 platform. Meanwhile everywhere and everything in the USA says 5w30. Why shouldn’t i run 5w40 in the summer time? Where I live it gets blistering hot in the summer. I FEEL like 40wt would provide better protection despite 30wt doing well. I also run my engine hard too. I feel like castrol Australia telling me I can run 40wt is enough evidence that I can run it in my 5w30 specd ls400 1uzfe v8. I’m aware 5w30 does just fine but do you think it’s fine if I run 40wt?

Yep. It’s fine. That horse has been so throughly beaten on these pages, I’m surprised you would even bring it up. There are literally hundreds of threads on this topic.

Castrol Australia tells me to run 5w40 in my 1994 ls400 ucf10 platform. Meanwhile everywhere and everything in the USA says 5w30. Why shouldn’t i run 5w40 in the summer time? Where I live it gets blistering hot in the summer. I FEEL like 40wt would provide better protection despite 30wt doing well. I also run my engine hard too. I feel like castrol Australia telling me I can run 40wt is enough evidence that I can run it in my 5w30 specd ls400 1uzfe v8. I’m aware 5w30 does just fine but do you think it’s fine if I run 40wt?
Are you in Australia or the good old U.S.A.?

There are places in the USA that equal even the climatic extremes of Australian outback.
There are but for the most part, it is not.

Part of OZ is like Mojave dessert.

Also, another factor is government.
Most of the oil viscosity requirement are mostly to satisfy fuel mpg.

FWIW, I have put 10w-40 in TX for heat for my former 2000 camry without issue.
For newer car, I probably would not do it.

OP is talking about good old Lexus LS400.

There are but for the most part, it is not.

Part of OZ is like Mojave dessert.

Also, another factor is government.
Most of the oil viscosity requirement are mostly to satisfy fuel mpg.

FWIW, I have put 10w-40 in TX for heat for my former 2000 camry.
And so it begins - the "thick vs. thin", "it's all the fault of CAFE", and all while the OP has yet to clarify their operating conditions or location.

Engines don’t care about your feelings. Sorry, it’s true.

As far as an actual answer goes, no engine is harmed by an oil with a somewhat higher HT/HS as long as the winter rating is appropriate for the expected starting temperature. However, an engine can be harmed by an oil that for whatever reason provides an insufficient MOFT.

And it's not really about ambient temperature it is the temperature of the oil that matters. Vehicles with oil coolers that operate on low-viscosity oils have shown this.

As far as an actual answer goes, no engine is harmed by an oil with a somewhat higher HT/HS as long as the winter rating is appropriate for the expected starting temperature. However, an engine can be harmed by an oil that for whatever reason provides an insufficient MOFT.

And it's not really about ambient temperature it is the temperature of the oil that matters. Vehicles with oil coolers that operate on low-viscosity oils have shown this.
Thanks

Yep. It’s fine. That horse has been so throughly beaten on these pages, I’m surprised you would even bring it up. There are literally hundreds of threads on this topic.
Not for my particular application…… actually there are zero threads on my application with the topic at hand

Back