Where to buy Genuine Honda Filters online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched the net trying to find somewhere to buy them, but can only find one dealer. The dealer in my area wants $6.72 per filter. I want to find somewhere cheaper to order them. I need the part #15400-PLM-A01, I would rather not have the 15400-PLM-A02 Fram version. Any help would be appreciated.

That was the dealer I found. I was worried about whether they would send the A01 or the A02. The pic has the A01, but the description doesn't specify.

Just send them a quick email or call to ask what type they have. A member of a HondaSuv website did this and made sure he was shipped the right ones. If I remember correctly, they were more than happy to help him.

Good Luck

Aren't North American Honda filters just rebadged Fram anyways?

This is what they look like in Canada.

-

tarboroheel1,

A few months back I purchased 12 'A01' filters from handa-accessories, and that's exactly what they sent (no bait-n-switch with the 'A02').

as mentioned above, A01 = Filtech and A02 = Fram. Here's a few side-by-side snaps (A01 on the left, A02 on the right).

The A01 pictured below is the factory fill filter from my neighbors 2006 Accord, and the A02 is the dealership installed filter on my wife's 2004 Odyssey (was replaced with an A01 when I changed the oil last night)
smile.gif

-

-

-

-

-

-

The only Honda filter worth getting is the S2000 filter, made in Japan with high quality, additional media, metal end cap filter.

Otherwise might as well put a supertech on or buy other good filters.

quote:

Originally posted by lindermant:
tarboroheel1,

A few months back I purchased 12 'A01' filters from handa-accessories, and that's exactly what they sent (no bait-n-switch with the 'A02').

I also ordered a Honda filter from HandA and was sent a A01. Says right on the filter can Made in USA by Filtech.. Pleasantly surprised
smile.gif
cool.gif

Is there an "official position" from Honda on the use of the S2000 oil filter on, for instance, an Accord I4? Does anyone know for sure if the specs are the same WRT bypass pressure and antidrainback operation?

thanks

There are a couple of guys on Ebay that sell "Hamp" filters that claim that these are the JDM original fitment for the S2000. These filters look like the A01/A02 shown previously in this thread. On Ebay go to Auto Parts, Filters, Oil, then enter Honda and a dozen or so listings willcome up.

P.S. I should also add that the Filtech filter is the U.S. division of Toyo Roki that makes the OEM filters for Honda in Japan. The Filtech factory is in Findlay OH

I used to run Honda Filtech filters but since I am out of warranty I just get a Wix or Napa Gold and don't worry about it.

I just switched over to a wix for my o6 accord and couldnt be happier. The build quality is noticed right away. I will be useing wix for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back