Where to buy Castrol Formula R 0W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think one manufacturer should be singled out, a lot of Euro oil companies do the same (BP/Castrol, Shell, Motul, etc etc)

Sounds like a good excuse to stick with Mobil and Redline.

theguru,
I've only ever seen the 5W-30 in Big-W, and certainly only seen the 5W-30 under $50.

quote:

Originally posted by norwegian oil:

quote:

Originally posted by hungdynasty:
So you mean GIII can be named synthetic in Europe now?

Yes. At least in Norway. Castol, Statoil, Shell... you name it.. they sell "full synthetic" and it's GIII.

In fact most synthetic oils in Hong Kong are coming from Europe, if what you mention is the case then I may go back to Mobil1 in my next change.

If you want to build your pecs
Bench press jugs of SLX
If you care about muscle tone
Leave the Formula R alone

quote:

Originally posted by drums57:
More deception from the #1 deceiver in engine lubricants

And another cr@p post from the biggest Castrol-basher on BITOG.
thumbsdown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by drums57:
Andy , Castrol just loves consumers just like you.

drums..., my man,

You have GOT to quit hanging around with us or people are gonna start thinking maybe thou protesteth too much...you know like you are a Classic Closet Castroler Contriving Conveniently to Castigate the Object of your Oily Obsession.
nono.gif
wink.gif

For the Castrol trivia buffs, TWS 10w-60 IS the "old" Formula RS 10w-60, from 1999 and before.

Apparently when Castrol reformulated RS, BMW decided to keep the old formula alive for their Motorsport division. That's why TWS's full name is "TWS Motorsport", and why it's only available from your friendly BMW dealer.

There's a BMW TSB dated October 2000 that says that "M" engines can use either Castrol TWS or RS, provided that the RS is obtained through the BMW logistics chain and has a BMW part number. I had a bottle of Castrol RS that I got from my dealer, but the next time I went in, they only had TWS. The Service Bulletin says they're identical except for the label - even the BMW part number is the same.

Anyway, TWS is a 10w-60 with a pour point of -57 degrees C, so whatever the base oil is, it's pretty darned good. It looks like a thicker version of SLX 5w-30, our trusty "GC".

Cheers
JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back