Where is all the PPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking for a long time and just signed up. Forgive me if this a dead horse or something but where is all the PPU? I have a 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost I'd like to switch to PPU. Can't find it at Wally world nor any of the local auto parts stores, in which the Wally worlds have M1 and Castrol for days. I see it online but the prices are nearly what I could order Amsoil for. What am I missing?

Ultra has always been a bit hard to find.
Some Walmart locations always had it in stock while you couldn't find it in others.
I've got a few FAR jugs left.
I wouldn't pay normal price for it myself.

Originally Posted By: JDM396
Been lurking for a long time and just signed up. Forgive me if this a dead horse or something but where is all the PPU? I have a 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost I'd like to switch to PPU. Can't find it at Wally world nor any of the local auto parts stores, in which the Wally worlds have M1 and Castrol for days. I see it online but the prices are nearly what I could order Amsoil for. What am I missing?

I bought my last batch online JDM through amazon. It seemed like when they brought out the new bottles is when the price shot up. I paid $27 5qt now they range in the $40's and up.

There are some UOA of PPU run in Eco Boosts posted and PPU doesn't seem to fare any better than other oils.

I cant understand why these huge oil companies come out with their top of the line premium products and NO store carries them.

Only place I've found locally with PUP on the shelf consistently is Pep Boys- probably because it's about 30% too expensive there.

Forget all these Ghost oils that you can't find so easy use a synthetic you can buy everywhere for a decent price.. One is not any better than the other one if one oil was better they would advertise it everywhere that it is better than the rest... There is a reason why none of them do that..
If you want to go name brand QSUD is probably the best bang for your buck.. Mobil 1 is known everywhere and sold pretty much everywhere. Castrol, Pennzoil and Valvoline are also good choices if you can find a good deal on them. Just because an oil is expensive does not mean it's better it just means it's more expensive.

Where Has All The PPU Gone?

Pete Seeger - Sung to the melody of Peter, Paul, and Mary:

Where has all the Ultra gone, long time passing?
161jg5t.jpg
Where has all the Ultra gone, long time ago?
Where has all the Ultra gone?
Old Bitogers have picked it all.
Oh, when will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Fades into Bob Dylan........

How many oil aisles must a man walk down
Before you can call him a Bitoger?
How many Walmarts must an oil nerd endure
Before he finds the PPU unicorn elixir?
Yes, and how many times must we
Beat this Ultra horse to death?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is ......................................Its In Nick1994's Stash!

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Forget all these Ghost oils that you can't find so easy use a synthetic you can buy everywhere for a decent price.. One is not any better than the other one if one oil was better they would advertise it everywhere that it is better than the rest... There is a reason why none of them do that..
If you want to go name brand QSUD is probably the best bang for your buck.. Mobil 1 is known everywhere and sold pretty much everywhere. Castrol, Pennzoil and Valvoline are also good choices if you can find a good deal on them. Just because an oil is expensive does not mean it's better it just means it's more expensive.

I'm not sure where I posted that I was only believing it was "better" because of cost?
cool.gif
I've done my homework boys.... seen a few UOAs and I want to try it. Will probably run a UOA afterwards and then try Amsoil eventually.

Was honestly just curious as to where the stock was. If I don't catch up with some, will probably run PU or M1.

I'm hoping that Ultra will show back up at a lot of retailers now that the packaging change has occurred.

I had to use PP on a recent change due to poor availability of Ultra.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Liqui-Moly is easier to find than PUP
crazy2.gif

Yes, and Eneos, too, here. Partsource locations here are a chain affiliated with Canadian Tire. One of ours carries Eneos and the other LM. Oddly enough, the pricing on those aren't too bad.

I can never find it at my local Walmart, never on the shelf ever.

So I had to order it from Walmart.com and have it shipped home. Last time I ordered a bunch of quart bottles on sale (it's still on sale) and I got free one-day shipping. Plus the Pennzoil $2/quart rebate ended up making each quart about ~$5.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Where Has All The PPU Gone?

161jg5t.jpg

The PU has been available on clearance, especially the 10w-30. I got a lot last year too in PU SRT 0w-40. I too have rarely seen the regular PUP available, especially in the more popular grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back