Where did I go this Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Francisco Bay Area residents need not answer, since everyone here knows what and where this is. Folks who are into movies might recognize this location from many feature movies.

sr6_s_may13_2007.jpg

It's not in San Francisco. The building was designed by a very famous American architect.

sr1_s_may13_2007.jpg

simple_gifts called it!

The Civic Center was prominently featured in George Lucas's 1971 movie 'THX1138' and the 1997 movie 'Gattica.'

sr3_s_may13_2007.jpg

sr2_s_may13_2007.jpg

Generally avoided Marin County due to the infestation of politically correct urban vermin who I could not interact with due to the incompatabilities betwixt their immense wimpiness and I, the Coot, the blue collar scholar who gags when confronted with political correctness.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Quote:

Not exactly prairie style, is it?

Not exactly!
tounge2.gif

The building is built across three hills, which have been terraced to a large degree. A cool breeze can be found almost always, even on the hottest summer day. The Marin Civic Center is the only public building designed by Frank Llyod Wright. The building was finished in 1959, I believe.

If you watch Star Wars, you will quickly realize that much of the archtitecture on Naboo, Padme's home planet, is inspired by the Wright's Civic Center design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back