Where can I find specs for the Fuchs GT1 0w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: My fuel economy seems to have dropped. My second tank of gas shows that only getting 8.45 km/L now! Im pretty disappointed with this oil now. What really annoys me is that I'm doing more highway driving than the last tankful, and all timid driving (no sprints whatsoever), but the fuel economy gets worse!
spaz.gif

Fuchs Oz emailed it too me. At first Sylvia who runs the office at Fuchs said they didn't know what HTHS was (WHAT THE???). I sent a long diatribe to her about how competitors always state hths and you know all that other good stuff. Two weeks later and viola! I get an answer. I guess they went to Germany for it?

Ken,

At least when you finish with the oil, you can fry up some fritters or something,
grin.gif
assuming it is of vegetable origin.

Love to see a UOA of this stuff.

cheers
Dave

Someone had suggested to me that it was due to the dodgy ECU.
dunno.gif
Apparently if I all of a sudden drive timidly, the ECU takes time to relearn my new driving habits, and it may take as long as 30 days for it to recognize my new behaviour and adjust the timing accordingly. Toyota
pat.gif

More updates: It's now 1000km / 1month into using this oil. Im now getting the worse ever fuel economy on the third tank. From 9.7 km/L to 8.45 km/L and now 7.73 km/L !! I have also done more spiriting driving on my camry this time round, hoping to wake up the ECU, but to no avail. I've just about had it with this oil. If fuel economy doesnt improve on the next tank, Im definately dumping this oil. How can an oil marketed to give 'Top Fuel Economy' perform so badly? Or maybe the lack of ZDDP is beginning to show its true colors, = more friction as the residual ZDDP from the previous oil wears out?
dunno.gif
I have now switched gas stations, just to rule out the unlikely chance that fuel may be the problem.

quote:

Originally posted by Ken4:
More updates: It's now 1000km / 1month into using this oil. Im now getting the worse ever fuel economy on the third tank. From 9.7 km/L to 8.45 km/L and now 7.73 km/L !! I have also done more spiriting driving on my camry this time round, hoping to wake up the ECU, but to no avail. I've just about had it with this oil. If fuel economy doesnt improve on the next tank, Im definately dumping this oil. How can an oil marketed to give 'Top Fuel Economy' perform so badly? Or maybe the lack of ZDDP is beginning to show its true colors, = more friction as the residual ZDDP from the previous oil wears out?
dunno.gif
I have now switched gas stations, just to rule out the unlikely chance that fuel may be the problem.

Your more "spirited" driving is the culprit. Just go back to driving like you normally do, not "timid" and not "spirited" and see what happens.

The oil is not the problem here, IMO.

Ken4, either the oil is failing to do it's job or you have a computer control sensore like MASS,MAP,O2, TPS that is starting to go south!

I can not wait to see the UOA! Once you go back to the old oil it will become evident if it iwas the oil or some other problem. I really doubt that it is the ECU.

I drive my 2003 2.4 Camry like a car thief running from the cops with the A/C running and I get 30 MPG composite mix of city and HWY driveing. I go to work by the expressway but have to come home through a major city(main drag) due to constructon 20+++ traffic lights. Just the other day I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear with A/C on comeing home from the bank.

P.S. I am running 15W40 Delvac 1300 oil and 89 octane gas with 6oz of Lucas UCL per tankful.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
Ken4, either the oil is failing to do it's job or you have a computer control sensore like MASS,MAP,O2, TPS that is starting to go south!

John, he said he's driving his car in a more spirited manner. Why he expects to get better gas mileage with more aggressive driving is a mystery to me.

Gman-II, First Ken4 mentioned that he drives rather spirted. Then he toned down his driveing habbits. His return to driveing "spirted" is actualy a return to his old habits. So he is actualy retuning to his normaly style of driveing. The tame driveing was the alter state not the spirted driveing.

To recap he is getting worse fuel economy driveing like Miss Daisy then he did driveing in a spirted fashion. Over all his fuel economy is down either way!

I am now very sure that the neighbourhood %&*^$$% Caltex station is cheating its customers. I have since switched Caltex Stations and the Vortex Platinum is again giving me superb fuel economy! I just tested my Ipsum on the SLX A3, the fuel economy shot back up to 8.33km/L, my best fuel economy ever on this vehicle! Within the next few days I'll be able to retest the fuel economy of Fuchs 0w20 on my camry. Im quite confident now that it was not the Fuchs oil all along. And to think I was on the verge of condemning this oil!
pat.gif

Update on Fuchs 0w20: Well, I have switched gas stations and now am still getting horrible fuel economy. This more or less confirms it is not the fuel variable, and I am again going to condemn this oil.
mad.gif

1st tank: 9.7km/L (spirited driving)
2nd tank: 8.4km/L (timid driving)
3rd tank: 7.7km/L (spirited driving)
4th tank: 7.7km/L (timid driving & switched gas stations)

Tomorrow morning I am dumping it out and will be trying out the Motul 0w20.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ken4:
Tomorrow morning I am dumping it out and will be trying out the Motul 0w20.
grin.gif

That's a shame because a UOA of this oil would have been a valuable addition to this board.

I still say your fuel economy problems are not the fault of this oil.

1330km / 1.5months. I know it's premature but I just cant stand it when an oil is marketed to give 'top fuel economy' but what they really mean is that it's only good for the first tank of gas! Im also curious about the wear levels for an oil with no ZDDP. Here are some quotes taken from the Fuchs 0w20 literature:

quote:

The new generation fully synthetic engine oil with excellent fuel economy and ecologically beneficial characteristics

quote:

Best fuel and oil economy achieved among all modern fully synthetic oils

quote:

Can save money and helps the environment

quote:

Extensive tests at one of Germany's top car manufacturers showed the following results: Titan GT1 0w20 reduced fuel consumption in a gasoline engine by close to 6.4% compared to conventional SAE 15w40 motor oil

quote:

If one keeps the ever high fuel prices in mind, this is an important advantage in favour of Titan GT1 0w20

quote:

A cost-benefit analysis speaks clearly for Titan GT1 0w20 without forgetting the technical and ecological advantages

quote:

Titan GT1 0w20 reduces oil related exhaust emissions and is easy on catalytic converters. Finally, there are not only ecological advantages but also tangible economic benefits for the drivers of cars using Titan GT1 0w20 in their engines

Based on ADAC tests, a hot viscosity of 20 does not always give better fuel economy than that of 30. Below are 2 links to the same test (just different presentations) made in Germany by ADAC. I also post links to original pages in German if something wrong with translation. Hope one of them will work:

1. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/langu...e/kfztechnik/motor/leichtlaufoel.htm&lp=de_en

http://www.kfztech.de/kfztechnik/motor/leichtlaufoel.htm

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/langu...hardt.com/technik/tech17lemotoel.htm&lp=de_en

http://www.fahrschule-burkhardt.com/technik/tech17lemotoel.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back