When (Year) did you do your first oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1985-ish. A little before I could (legally) drive.

But on boat engines, marinized GM big blocks and such. Only difference was we sucked the oil out from the dipstick.

Last edited:
1969 my first car a 68 SS396 Camaro when I returned from Vietnam. 10w40 with a fram filter which was thought to be the best at the time.How times have changed!

Originally Posted By: dinkydau
1969 my first car a 68 SS396 Camaro when I returned from Vietnam. 10w40 with a fram filter which was thought to be the best at the time.How times have changed!

They sure have my friend, they sure have.

Early 80s, on Mum and Dad's R16, 1985 on my first car.

No-one has ever changed the oil on anything I've owned bu me.

1983 on a Honda XR80.

My first vehicle was my Jeep CJ-7 in 1987. Headed off to ames getting a Fram likely(I remember orange) and quaker(remember green container).

About 1947 for me. My dad had a 1940 Chrysler on which I learned to drive. Older guys in our neighborhood were total gearheads and were always looking for a guy to clean parts,(me).I had a restricted license at 14 yrs. to do errands for my grandparents. Was I hot stuff then! My first job was working as a pump jockey at a Standard (Sohio) station @ $.55/hr. All the guys had a free lift to use in the evenings then. I'm still changing my oil So that it's done without any surprises. FWIW--Oldtommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back