What's your favourite rifle?

Another vote for Marlin .45-70, preferably Model 1895 with the octagonal barrel. Have taken a black bear, a red stag and a wild hog with mine. Knocks 'em dead first shot!

The one I shoot the most is my Dad's Gevarm .22 LR semi-automatique(made in France). Seems I do most my hunting from inside the house and its got lots of rabbits and even a coyote that was getting too brave. It's also the meat goat dispatcher.
I also have a rifled H&R 20g ultra slug hunter single shot shotgun, but its $4+ a shot, loud, and kicks hard enough to be unpleasant for too many shots. Works good on deer though.

R.e4068c2ebad02980a13d31c030bb3c1f

Winchester 9422.
/Close the thread. Nailed it.

I have a 9422 XTR. Great little rifle.

Close second is any smoothed up lever in .357/.38

Close tie for 2nd is a a well made AR-15 in 6.8SPC. Accurate, same recoil as above two (none) , and extra potential above 5.56

Wow! A lot of super cool guns. I am a fan on unique guns, that have different actions or designs. Particularly if they function well.

I do love my Browning BL-22. The lever action is so smoooooth, particularly when compared to other name brand lever action .22 rifles. The lever action is not only smooth, but the throw is amazingly short and takes little effort. And I find myself staring at the checkered stock, just to admire the quality of the finish. It just makes me feel good when shooting it.

A close second would be the Browning T-Bolt Sporter .22 with maple stock. I really love the light colored stock more than I thought I would.

Both of these will stay in my collection for the rest of my life. I hope my grandchildren cherish them as much as I do.

I have one now and one for later. Right now it is my savage axis 223. Now I know what you’re think savage axis what on earth? This one I have done a full trigger polish, over travel and weight job on it. Along with slapped a athlon ares 2.5-15 and it shoots 1/2 moa with hornady 55 grain vmax. An absolutely varmint and predator machine and I have 400 in the gun and I traded a ruger American for the scope.

Coming later: I have a savage 110 lightweight storm in .270 (the best hunting caliber. No I will not elaborate) I have ordered a 1:8.5 twist 24 inch ultralight barrel for it and am reloading some 150-168 grain loads for my do all hunting rifle. I’m planning on a lightweight 10oz swfa fixed power scope for that one

Tough choice. From an accuracy standpoint it would have to be my Savage Model 12-FT/R in .308. (30" heavy barrel). It will cut one ragged hole at 100 yards, for as long as you want to sit behind it and squeeze on a calm day.

My Browning A-Bolt Gold Medallion .22 I bought back in 1988 would be number two. Both beautiful and very accurate. The Browning has superb Walnut. (Lousy picture). One of these days I'm going to have to pull it out and take a better photograph.

Some years back I located a place in The Shotgun News, that had several new in the box 5 and 15 round magazines for it. I bought them all. Today I'm very glad I did. Magazines for it are hard to find, and very expensive when you do. Another really beautiful, accurate .22 that was discontinued.

The bottom is my Browning Medalist I picked up at a small local gun shop several years ago. Yet another discontinued classic. Browning sure built some beautiful guns before plastic and Aluminum got popular.

CKUfaRd.jpg

FpSxGt2.jpg

0icH8bM.jpg

Frp1Ut8.jpg

It's not my best rifle by far, but the one I had the most fun with was an old Stevens 87a .22LR I had as a kid. It was way more accurate than it had any right to be for having come from the Sears catalog.
I hear you. I had a 22LR semi automatic that I bought from Montgomery Wards. It was inexpensive, reliable, and deadly accurate. I used to pick off lined up spent 22 shells from 30-40 yards.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Like many here, it's my Marlin 336CS in 30/30 Winchester. Mine wears a Leupold compact 4x scope. Fast handling, deadly accurate in the woods and it's killed more deer than I can count including two of my kid's "first deer".

Love lever actions. I have wanted a .357 lever gun for 35 years I am finally gonna just buy one. Always let price put me off.

Do it. .357 leverguns are awesome. The .357 magnum is also no slouch in a carbine barrel. It get pretty close to the .30-30.

The 357 sizzles out of a carbine hotter and harder hitting than a 223 - thing is, you can hand load them even hotter but better be careful those rounds dont make it in a handgun.

My Marlin 1894 357 is my second favorite rifle behind the Marlin 39A 22 and ahead of the Marlin 45-70 (see a pattern here?) - the gun is super usable and fun to shoot in a rifle pistol combo and if I were ever in the position of needing one cartridge thats my go to.

357mag.jpg
223ME.jpg

Back