What's your favourite rifle?

All of y'all are making me envious, LOL!

I think my "all time favorite" has to be my Marlin Model 60 .22

I could never come up with a realistic guess of how many 1000's of rounds have been through it.

Originally Posted by FA_WRX
Originally Posted by demarpaint
My favorite is a 700 BDL I had chambered into 6.5x284 with a 28" Rock 5R barrel.

Hard to beat a 700 action.

Yep Rem 700 make great rebuilds.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
My favorite is a 700 BDL I had chambered into 6.5x284 with a 28" Rock 5R barrel.

thumbsup2.gif
They do, I have quite a few.

Sooo many favorites. I have to go with my Luxus Model 11. Single shot with 300WM, 30-06, and 270 barrels. Such a piece of beauty.

So hard to decide. For hunting it's my Remington 700 in .270, just an all around good fit for whitetail deer and where I hunt them.

For nostalgia my Winchester 94-22 as I grew up shooting the 94-22's that my dad and grandpa owned.

For accuracy I would go with my Marlin 25mn in .22 magnum. That particular gun just fits me perfectly, ergonomics, trigger pull etc. are all just right for me and really helps me do my part as all of my rifles are more accurate than I am.

I don't think I could pick one favorite but lately for 300 yd. shooting, my top 3 are:

1) Springfield M1A
2) Russian SVD
3) Polish DPM (semi-auto)

thumbsup2.gif
They do, I have quite a few.
Indeed they do. All of my custom rifles have Remington 700 actions as the base.

For me it's an old old savage 110 in .270 Winchester. I inherited it a couple years ago and it had a tasco 4x scope and a very warped wooden stock that touched the barrel hindering free floating. I cleaned it thoroughly, put a nikon 4x12x40 on it and bought a boyds left hand thumb hole stock in red and black laminate. This gun with the factory hornady american whitetail 130 gr can stack three clover leafed at a hundred yards. Since doing the very simple mods it has become my primary deer/antelope gun especially because that's what my grandpa would've wanted it to be used for.

What a hard decision. I like to shoot my AR's a lot. My 10/22 is a favorite too. But the one that is the funnest to shoot is my 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 Mosin Nagant. Ammo is cheep and I like the way it kicks like a mule!
39.gif

Like many here, it's my Marlin 336CS in 30/30 Winchester. Mine wears a Leupold compact 4x scope. Fast handling, deadly accurate in the woods and it's killed more deer than I can count including two of my kid's "first deer".

Love lever actions. I have wanted a .357 lever gun for 35 years I am finally gonna just buy one. Always let price put me off.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Like many here, it's my Marlin 336CS in 30/30 Winchester. Mine wears a Leupold compact 4x scope. Fast handling, deadly accurate in the woods and it's killed more deer than I can count including two of my kid's "first deer".

Love lever actions. I have wanted a .357 lever gun for 35 years I am finally gonna just buy one. Always let price put me off.

Do it. .357 leverguns are awesome. The .357 magnum is also no slouch in a carbine barrel. It get pretty close to the .30-30.

Last edited:
Leupold scope? Which model and power. Is the M1A a National Match Model. Who made your scope mount?

Nikon Buckmaster 6x18 x40, "Loaded" model with NM sights and barrel, ARMS #18 mount with ARMS medium height (I forget the number) throw lever rings. The beauty of the ARMS #18 mount is that it never has to be removed and is rock solid. It sits low enough that I can remove the scope and rings quickly with the levers then have full access to the iron sights, which are quite nice on this rifle. I enjoy shooting with the iron sights sometimes.

I have a couple of "closet queens" too pretty to take outside.

NIB 686 O&U Beretta & Model 70 Supergrade 300 WM, one of the last from the Connecticut factory.

The 995 SAKO TRG in .338 LM is cool, until my son "borrowed the scope off of it.

I like the 325 WSM round.

Hand guns and military inspired rifles don't interest me.

Back