What's your favourite rifle?

My favorite is my old .22 that I bought when I was a kid from Montgomery Wards back in the early 60's. Love that old rifle and my Grandson's plink with it today still.

L1A1 SLR 7.62

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
scoped, stainless marlin 17hmr bolt action. got it barely used 5-6 years ago after christmas at a pawn shop for $100 when 22lr ammo was unobtanium but 17hmr could be had. soft on my shoulder, wicked accurate, great fun.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I see we had a "what's your favourite handgun" thread, and we should probably have a shotgun one too.

My favourite rifle is my CADEX Defence CDX-33 in .338LM. It's topped with a Vortex Gen II Razor scope. Thing is an absolute tack-driver. Don't mind the box of AE, it's cheap and is an easy way to get more reload brass.

[Linked Image]

One I'm working on. Currently, I am supply limited. I'm waiting on the receivers and rail to hit production.

Hodge Defense MOD 2 12.5"
NX8 1-8
KAC QDC (pending Form 4 approval)

Basically, got a bag of parts right now, awaiting the rest of it.

Marlin 336T lever action saddle rifle, just because lever action rifles are a cool design. Second place is the Ruger 10/22, another cool design with the rotary magazine.

My WInchester/FN .308 with the Leupold scope.

My other favorites have to be my Winchester Lever Actions in 30-30 and 45 Colt.

How could I choose?

The Springfield Garand I built from receiver up at the CMP ranks pretty high on the list.

As does the H&R Garand that my kid brother gave me as a 50th birthday present.

So does my Dad's model 1884 Springfield "Trap Door"...

No way I could pick just one.

you guys might think i'm crazy but my pre 64 Winchester 94 I've had plenty of different rifles over the years but I seem to use that one the most

Originally Posted by FA_WRX
Originally Posted by demarpaint
My favorite is a 700 BDL I had chambered into 6.5x284 with a 28" Rock 5R barrel.

Hard to beat a 700 action.

thumbsup2.gif

Several-My Ruger 10/22 and it's brother .44 for woods deer hunts. When in more open country, the Winchester 100 in .308 They have all been great for 50+ years.

After a brief internal review it would have to be the mini 30. Shot to poa right out of the box and has functioned flawlessly ever sense with any ammo I feed it.

Back