What’s your favourite 0w30 504/507 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back this should have been the only post required with all of the information that was presented.

Tossing my casual and useless opinion into the fray?

I can't fear Mobil-1 ESP if it meets specs and your "Do-point" moment that cracks your wallet.

Take it as you will. I just realized I have consistently recommended Mobil full synthetics on this board after years of using all sorts, including the highly valued and vaulted Green German Castrol.

Myself, and my personal applications are vastly different from yours in all likely circumstances. I simply haven't had issue using tip-top Mobil synthetics on anything big, small, old or new.

SORTED 🤝 MOBIL 1 0w30 ESP it is & order just placed now ☺️ I have been recommended this particular mobil esp from many others too & it’s the correct spec which is fully recommended by the manufacturer.
BD651031-52DE-4E8D-B658-E09FA8BAEBBD.jpeg

Last edited:
Again though the approval is what matters, the winter rating is meaningless here unless you are starting the vehicle unaided at temperatures of -35F or below. Within the VW 504 00 approval both winter ratings are listed so it’s even more of a moot point.

Again though the approval is what matters, the winter rating is meaningless here unless you are starting the vehicle unaided at temperatures of -35F or below. Within the VW 504 00 approval both winter ratings are listed so it’s even more of a moot point.
The manufacturer have obviously tested & on 200k car il trust there recommendation fully.

I guess it will be a mystery as to where the OP lives but I will guess Turkey.

I don’t know why such info is so hard to get.

Folks - can we answer the question and refrain from speculation about the poster?

Let‘s assume the Koppen cfb, generally featuring mild summers (relative to their latitude) and cool but not cold winter, with a relatively narrow annual temperature range and few extremes of temperature.

Cost wasn't mentioned.

Best was the crux of the question.

And the oil has to be available globally, so let's skip the Walmart answers, they're unhelpful.
I am going to resurrect this thread because of this post:

Is it a BITOG "rule" that responses have to include "globally available" oils? I know of several 0w-30 504/507 oils but I don't know if they are globally available...???? How would I? I know the available oils in my area!

As others have said or asked, if the OP provided his region of the world, then relevant answers would be easier to obtain! This is especially true if one lives in the USA, as there are many many more 504/507 oils available in Europe than in North America, (ie: those are not globally available).

"Staff" or not, this response/chastising makes absolutely no sense to me...

I am going to resurrect this thread because of this post:

Is it a BITOG "rule" that responses have to include "globally available" oils? I know of several 0w-30 504/507 oils but I don't know if they are globally available...???? How would I? I know the available oils in my area!

As others have said or asked, if the OP provided his region of the world, then relevant answers would be easier to obtain! This is especially true if one lives in the USA, as there are many many more 504/507 oils available in Europe than in North America, (ie: those are not globally available).

"Staff" or not, this response/chastising makes absolutely no sense to me...
The OP is in Ireland.

“Staff” or not, Walmart-type answers do NOT help the OP.

No rules were made or suggested, save this one:

Having the common sense, and decency, to suggest viable options to answer a person’s question.

Suggesting retailers and products that are not available in the OP’s country is pointless.

Almost as pointless as criticizing me for suggesting that posts should actually answer the question posed in the beginning of the thread.

Since you resurrected this thread, just to criticize me, and did so with ignorance equal to many of the posts in this thread, it’s lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back