What’s your favorite work boot?

I’ve become a Red Wing guy myself. Prior to that I was a Chippewa guy, prior to that a Timberland guy and prior to that I was a “cheap boot” guy. I’m talking Walmart $50 dollar cheapos...stuff that would kill my Achilles’ tendons after a couple months (and I didn’t know why) and then cause tremdous pain in my toe joints.

Right now I’ve been riding with a Red Wing 415 for a couple years, rotated every other day with a Red Wing wing Shooter.

Two friends of mine just bought the Red Wing Traction Tred Lites. These things might be game changers. Tried on a pair and they feel like a sneaker.

Whats your boot of choice?

I wore cheapos way back in the 90's. In 98 my foot was hurting like crazy. Didn't know why. A guy I was working with (sheet metal/mechanical contractor) told me to quit buying cheap ****. So, I bit the bullet ( I was an apprentice at the time) and bought some Wolvering Dura-shocks. Best boots ever. Over the next 15 years or so, that's all I bought. And they were the most comfortable shoes/boots that I owned. Then, Idk exactly when, but sometime 5,6,7 years ago, those boots changed. I haven't found the the same since and don't buy those anymore.

I wore cheapos way back in the 90's. In 98 my foot was hurting like crazy. Didn't know why. A guy I was working with (sheet metal/mechanical contractor) told me to quit buying cheap ****. So, I bit the bullet ( I was an apprentice at the time) and bought some Wolvering Dura-shocks. Best boots ever. Over the next 15 years or so, that's all I bought. And they were the most comfortable shoes/boots that I owned. Then, Idk exactly when, but sometime 5,6,7 years ago, those boots changed. I haven't found the the same since and don't buy those anymore.
Yeah that was me, didn’t care about work boots or my feet. Figured they were all the same and that it didn’t matter, boy was I wrong!

What a difference a great work boot can make.

I've been wearing Red Wings for the past dozen years, not because they are the best or that I idolize them, but because they have (had) a model that fit my foot nearly perfect. I always had problems finding good fitting boots for my odd feet (short/wide). It's nice to not have to spend weeks shopping many stores to find new boots that fit.

I hate that more Red Wing models are outsourced vs. U.S. made. On my next foray, I have to find replacements for my discontinued model, sigh.

Anyone working in chemical or solvent environment this boot is the absolute best. In my work conditions I have seen so called high end boots or good grief a shoe melt apart during spills or clean up at $240.00
Its money well spent.

20210109_103421.jpg

Being in the petroleum transport and delivery industry...I look at comfort and petroleum resistance at a 50/50 characteristic. I've bought and worn them all. I no longer buy boots that cost more than $100ish. $200+ boots don't last any longer than $100 boots in my work.

I just bought a brand new pair of Wolverine steel toe boots to replace an identical pair of the same brand and model I retired this past week. Got a little better than 1½ years out of them which is a little better than "average" in my industry...and they're pretty dang comfy.

I have no luck with boots. Cheap or good. Bought redwings and they seperated @ A seam after a few weeks. Redwing would not cover them so Since I could not use them I threw them away.

Bought some Red back ones about 10 years ago and the tread came off in 2 weeks. They gave me another pair and they did the same thing.

The company( red back) gave me my money back on that purchase. Now I just buy the cheap ones Big5 has and replace them about every 3 months.

These last longer than the big name brands did.

I'm really appreciating the Muckboot Wetlands boots I bought this fall. Just right for cold, wet weather. If I lived somewhere colder, I think the Arctics would be better, though.

Anyone working in chemical or solvent environment this boot is the absolute best. In my work conditions I have seen so called high end boots or good grief a shoe melt apart during spills or clean up at $240.00
Its money well spent.

View attachment 39835
I work in automotive, I’ve seen these boots (different color) and people love them. I usually see them in the reddish looking leather...the leather color tends to wear off, but guys swear buy these on concrete floors.

I've been wearing Red Wings for the past dozen years, not because they are the best or that I idolize them, but because they have (had) a model that fit my foot nearly perfect. I always had problems finding good fitting boots for my odd feet (short/wide). It's nice to not have to spend weeks shopping many stores to find new boots that fit.

I hate that more Red Wing models are outsourced vs. U.S. made. On my next foray, I have to find replacements for my discontinued model, sigh.
I don’t idolize Red Wings either, there are more expensive boots out there (Nicks, Whites).

I don’t exactly feel super happy about spending $200 bucks on Red Wings...and I’m definitely not spending $700 bucks on a pair of Nicks. But I am getting years out of Red Wing boots...I replace the insoles every 4-6 months and the boots just kind of hold up comfortably. I guess I really don’t care where they are made, I just need something that lasts in comfort. They do that.

I do have some “nice” boots that I don’t wear for work that are hand made in the USA (Red Wing Heritage mock toes), but I’ve also tried Thorogoods (made in the USA) and I wasn’t thrilled with the stitching and welt.

I have some Redwing lace up boots with a side zipper … really like them.
Also have some Tony Lama steel toes more appropriate for plant tours …

Pop ups are jumping on shoes/boots now

E7B4F9FB-1D51-4257-839D-51A4EEE1CD60.png

I worked a cigarette plant (relatively clean business for techs),
and wore Red Wing for years...until

I had a single shoe fail (sole came away from upper),
had to push and push for warranty,
they refunded A SINGLE SHOE - OK,
but then would not sell me a single shoe.

They did not get any more money from me.

Back