Whats your favorite rifle?

Marlin Model 25 MN bolt action .22 Magnum. I’d actually consider myself a “Remington guy” and I grew up on Winchester 94 30/30s and .22s but there’s just something about that little Marlin that fits me well. I’m more accurate with it than any other rifle Ive owned.

My first Garand. A Harrington & Richardson built during Korea. It was a birthday present from my kid brother.

Other rifles perform different tasks better than the old soldier, but there is something special to me about a Garand, and this one in particular.

A favorite rifle? There is no such thing in my book. Each one has a different purpose.
What’s your favorite wrench?
What’s your favorite screwdriver?
What’s your favorite hammer?
What’s your favorite power tool?
Do you see what I’m talking about?

My Henry 30-30 lever action.

1697208948967.png

Scholastic Shooting Foundation

I have lots of favorite rifles, but the last one I'd sell is a very early (1961) Savage 110 30-06 that was my Grandad's first 'real' hunting rifle.. He had to borrow the money to buy it when they went on sale at the BX while stationed at Goose Bay, Labrador since he'd already sent his whole check home to Grandma that month.. I don't remember how much he said the Savage cost, but I do remember him saying that a Mannlicher Schoenauer was only $10-20 more at the BX at the time, but that was a lot of money back then.

Last edited:
In 1969 I bought a .22 rifle from Montgomery Ward. Still have it and still love it for plinking

I love my Browning BLR-22 lever action 22 LR. The action functions so smooth, and it has a real short throw. And it is quite accurate. On top of that, I love the looks of it. A very close second place would be my Browning T-bolt 22 LR. I love guns that are unique, and this is one of them. Plus, the blonde maple stock is absolutely stunning to look at.

By now, you can probably tell, I have a thing for wood stock guns.

Marlin 336 30/30. It wears a Leupold compact 4x scope I got at a gun show in the 90's. Perfect match. I can't take it with me, but I'd like to!

Ironically, I only recently discovered it prefers 150 grain bullets. I've only used 170's since I was a kid. Who knew?

Back