What was your (reasonable) dream car as a teen?

I've got one in my garage now that I built myself ☺️ Vortech supercharged Mustang

The second car I'm going to own someday will be a Pro-Street 66-67 Nova 😎

My dream vehicle as a teenager was a Ranger STX 4x4, which I eventually owned, but hated. It wasn't really the truck's fault though, it had a hard life. Even if I had got it as a teenager, I would have been the 3rd owner at least and it would have already had it's first computer replaced. 🤣

If I could have just spent my own money to get a vehicle at 16, I would have, but could not do that transaction on my own as a 16 year old, and my parents are weird about cars. The compromise was I could get any Ranger with air bags, ABS, and a four cylinder. It ended up being a 2001 2.5 Lima manual, barely 3 years old at the time. Sort of the last of an era..it was a good truck, and I put it through its paces, but took care of it. Sold it to an old guy who wanted to use it to maintain his rental properties after I bought my first Explorer. Saw it a year after selling it and it looked exactly the same. I'd love to see that truck again...I'm good with never seeing the STX again. My driveway is now almost perfect except for the '94 XLT Explorer being gone, still the hardest truck ever to lose (wreck, not my fault).

Depending upon the day…

Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo, Ford Mustang GT.

1965 Pontiac Catalina 2+2 421ci Tri-power Super Duty Convertible with a four speed.

I did own a 1965 GTO Convertible, 389ci Tri-power four speed.

I dont think I had one, I was busy buying and fixing up what are now $75-100K mid sixties Muscle Cars. You could get them for under 1000 back in the 70's. I am taking Big Block block in a A body GM or an FE or 385 LIMA in a midsized Ford with either a Muncie or a toploder, respectively.

My farther's rich friend Stan had one of these, and I was always intrigued.
Now i find them appearing too much as a stretched Renault 15

lamborghiniespada.jpg

What was your (reasonable) dream car as a teen?​

*I couldn't think of any or if I even had one? MY time period would have been in the 70's. So if you posted an American made and specifically a muscle car I saw many you all posted I have owned during 1975-1984 . I can't think of wanting one more then the other. I was never that Chevy, Ford ,MOPAR, Chrysler Dodge, "guy" I was what ever was just "BAD ASS and FAST" ! LOL
Between my best freind (and still is today) we tossed back and forth keys to cars we both owned. We would buy sell and trade depending on our mood or wanting something for the day. I was heavily into Street Racing in the 70's and often did the meet ups on some backroad near the vineyard's in NAPA for a race.$$ There was also Friday and Saturday night cruzing and stop light to stoplight challenges.
I suppose if I had to pick one it was before I got my drivers license and it would have been a *1969 Camaro Z28 Orange with white stripes. About 7 months after I got my drivers license and owned 2 other previous cars I bought one.:giggle:

Funny story about when I went to get my driving test. It was in my 1965 F85 330 Oldsmobile Station Wagon. It had 15x10 Ansen Sprints on the rear no hood, velocity stack on the Cater and dual glass packs a roll bar and Pinto buckets in the front and the rear seat removed, the usual Stewart warner trio set under the dash and a Sun Tack on the steering column. The DMV tester walked out to do the vehicle inspection and turned around and said bring a real car back for your test. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back