The new 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe is the bomb

90% of the people on here have never owned a Hyundai or kia product. They just regurgitate what some others or videos say.
We have owned numerous Korean cars, from new, and all of them have been great.
Just take care of them, like any other car.

Many of these engine issues are from owner neglect. They are usually the cheapest on the market and many owners let maintenance slide.
Because they are trying to save a buck.

Fwiw
I have owned seven Hyundai/ Kia autos/suv's i agree the pre gdi engines were very good the gdi engine failure rate is simply unrealistic, in this day and age over ten years of this junk and they still can come up with a fix ! neighbour across the road 117000 kilometers on a 2017 tucson engine toast.
Neighbour beside me 2022 Sorrento 33000 kilo meters blew the engine and these are well maintained cars driven buy retired couples so hardly neglected.

90% of the people on here have never owned a Hyundai or kia product. They just regurgitate what some others or videos say.
We have owned numerous Korean cars, from new, and all of them have been great.
Just take care of them, like any other car.

Many of these engine issues are from owner neglect. They are usually the cheapest on the market and many owners let maintenance slide.
Because they are trying to save a buck.

Fwiw
Welcome to the average Mopar/VW owner experience on internet forums.

We've had four or five Hyundai/Kia cars over the last 15 years and have had zero issues with any of them. Now to get more specific to the Santa Fes, I currently have a '23 with the 2.5 turbo. I've had it for one full year and have 13,000 miles on it. Granted that is not a lot, but so far no issues. The car is comfortable, quiet, and the 311 lb./ft. of torque gets the job done. The '24s look better in person than in the pictures, but they are bigger than I need. I'm quite happy with my 2023.

I brand new 2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD can be had for $40K, maybe less, after negotiations. The "L" 7-seat version is maybe $1K more. It's got a 3.6L Pentastar, and a bullet-proof ZF 8HP50 transmission, plus the diffs are ZF, and the transfer case is a Borg-Warner unit. The only thing to do is swap out the oil cooler for an aluminum one when you get it, and it will do circles around any Hyundai/KIA product, for less money.

At least it looks decent and it can tow/haul without any issues, or with the risk of the engine/transmission grenading themselves apart.

View attachment 216812

I drove a '96 Grand dang into the ground, then the person I gave it to drove it another 50k (about 300k all in all)
I bought it because I really liked the looks. Now the Grand (and the Durango) both look like minivans. Really unappealing minivans. With constipation.

It is miles above the Hyundai/Kia with regards to reliability (even though I'm no Mopar fan or whatever they call Mopar now), but still, those lines are just...... not my cup of tea. I'll give the aesthetic points to the Hyunias.

I miss good looking Jeeps.

I drove a '96 Grand dang into the ground, then the person I gave it to drove it another 50k (about 300k all in all)
I bought it because I really liked the looks. Now the Grand (and the Durango) both look like minivans. Really unappealing minivans. With constipation.

It is miles above the Hyundai/Kia with regards to reliability (even though I'm no Mopar fan or whatever they call Mopar now), but still, those lines are just...... not my cup of tea. I'll give the aesthetic points to the Hyunias.

I miss good looking Jeeps.

The WK2 and ZJ were beautiful.

The WK2 and ZJ were beautiful.
I agree. The ZJ was years ahead of it's time, and the 4.0 was maybe the best engine ever produced.

And comfortable...... yassssss

I took it places in 2wd that many others in 4wd wouldn't go. I buried it to the frame once and somehow drove it out under its own power. That did require a shift into 4 lol

We don't talk about cam phasers here. Shhhhhh!

Or 2 piece spark plugs......

(I had a 5.0 with intermittent cam phaser issues, I'm shenshitive n stuff lol)
Or the 6.0 and 6.4 diesels, or the timing chain guide issues

Back