What was your first "smart phone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first smartphone was the iPhone 4 which lasted a lot longer than I expected it to. What was your first smartphone folks?

Work gave me an Iphone 4 which lasted all the way up to last year.
Galaxy J1 was my first...not the current one the OLLLLD one.

It's the same one I'm still using. A Motorola Moto G. I bought it right after I retired 4-1/2 years ago. It still runs and looks like the day I bought it. So I see no reason to spend more money on something else.

My first smart phone was one of the early Windows phones, pretty useless. The phone before that was a Nextel, bdddeep.

[Linked Image]

HTC Shadow that ran Windows Mobile. It did nothing great but you could do anything barely. Call quality was terrible.

The Blackberry Curve.
It had a very accurate physical keyboard and was nearly impossible to butt-dial your contacts.

Motorola Droid that Verizon was really pushing against the iPhone when it was still an AT&T exclusive. The default notification sound was droooooooid. That got changed the first day!

That phone got me accustomed to Android, tried switching to iPhone a few years later and decided I really didn't like iOS.

iPhone 5s in January 2014. Currently have a 7+ and will replace it when the new one comes out, probably September.

A Motorola Droid. It was a good phone for the first year or so. But it started slowing down. I was so ready to get rid of it by the time my 2 year contract was up. (Yea, that was back when all the cellular providers were doing the 2 year contract deal.) Next one was a Motorola Droid Razr. I loved that phone. But eventually, it also started slowing down real bad. That was my last Motorola phone.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
My first smartphone was the iPhone 4 which lasted a lot longer than I expected it to. What was your first smartphone folks?

My first smartphone is my current LG, purchased 1-1/2 years ago. Prior were all basic flip-phones with no internet or texting.

My last analogue phone was a Palm Trio, still miss some of the things it could do. First smart phone was a Samsung Y, small and tough, I still have it as my timepiece at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back