What was your first music album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First album was Joan Jett & The Blackhearts "I Love Rock N' Roll"
I think that album dropped in 81; so I would have been 5 and I would have been listening to it on my Emerson stereo. I loved that album and that stereo. As a matter of fact I think my parents still have the stereo.

Shania Twain "The woman in me". It was a duplicate of a CD my older brother had.

...and no, I didn't listen to it
Boy this thread brings up awkward memories

Anyway...how about those OCI's?

My dad bought me a bootleg cassette in the Middle East in 5th grade for the Police with message in a bottle on tape.

The first record I ever got was the Soundtrack to Grease after it came out in 1978.

I think the first album I ever bought with my own money was Judas Priest.

I had several albums and 45s that I 'borrowed' from my parent's collection, but the first one that I bought with my own money was KISS- Rock and Roll Over... on 8-track.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Metallica's black album followed closely by AC/DC's The Razors Edge.

Metallica's ...And Justice For All was my first, When the Black album came out, I didn't really like it at first, But it grew on me.

Mine was probably one of the many kid's lps my parents bought me that I played on my Show and Tell :^)

But when I got older I discovered my dad's Elvis Presley,Chuck Berry,Bo Diddley,etc lps and wore them out!! :^D

Originally Posted By: rjundi
My dad bought me a bootleg cassette in the Middle East in 5th grade for the Police with message in a bottle on tape.

^^Now THAT'S awesome!!
11.gif
I hope you still have it

Many years ago my Aunt purchased two cassettes for me. She really covered her bases with two albums.
#1 milli vanilli
#2 The "blood kisses" album from Type O negative.

I enjoy type O still, but do not listen to them often. I never took the milli vanilli out of the celophane when I got it. I had a friend years later talked me out of opening it so he could listen to it.

I think the first one I purchased was maybe pink floyd. The album with two hands on it (??).

Originally Posted By: joaks
I think the first one I purchased was maybe pink floyd. The album with two hands on it (??).

Pink Floyd's "A Nice pair"? I too bought that cassette probably back in 1984 or so :^)

Originally Posted By: joaks
The album with two hands on it (??).

I think I got that one wrong. Car51 got it right,it was the Division Bell. "A Nice Pair" if you opened the gatefold cover,it had a pic of a nice pair of boobies!!
11.gif
10.gif

Aquariuscsm: what Punk Fliyd album had the man on fire shaking hands with another man? Was it "wish you were here"

Originally Posted By: car51
Aquariuscsm: what Punk Fliyd album had the man on fire shaking hands with another man? Was it "wish you were here"

Yep,wish you were here
cheers3.gif
I have original 60s Tower label mono pressings of "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" and Saucerfull of Secrets" and man the mono mixes are KILLER!!

I remember when I bought "A Nice Pair" I was probably 14 or so,and I'd constantly drool over the topless chick picture inside the gatefold of that album haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back