What to do with capers?

I found a place that had capers in a 3.5 oz jar for $1. However, it said "Capotes" and I was thinking maybe it was just capers in a different language. I found out that they are just a larger size, and many feel they pack more flavor.

I found a place that had capers in a 3.5 oz jar for $1. However, it said "Capotes" and I was thinking maybe it was just capers in a different language. I found out that they are just a larger size, and many feel they pack more flavor.
If you want big capers find grusas. They are the size of small grapes. The bigger the capers the softer and the more acidic they are. The smallest ones are super non-pareil {beyond without equal) for a reason.

Last edited:
"They always remind me of rat droppings."

Rat droppings are more oblong and don't take to brine solutions as they dissolve.
That's why commercially available rat droppings are so often chocolate coated.

One can always rinse them if they are too strong a flavor.
Supposed to be good for you(if you ignore the sodium content), high zinc content, so there's that too.

One can always rinse them if they are too strong a flavor.
Supposed to be good for you(if you ignore the sodium content), high zinc content, so there's that too.
Rinsing them briefly will remove a good amount of salt but won't reduce their flavor otherwise. I rinse capers and pat them dry unless I add them to a very bland cheese spread.

A chicken schnitzel with lemon sauce, spaetzle, and capers.

The obvious is lox and a bagel, red onions… capers.

That's true, man.

Back