What`s the best oil filter for the $ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve always used Mobil 1 oil filters($10 a pop),but I`ve been thinking about going with a cheaper one. A few on my list:

AC Delco
Nissan OEM
Wix

Or an auto parts store house brand maybe?

Depends. I go with the http://www.fleetfilter.com site and check out the prices on the Wix filters. They are really dirt cheap on here. Buy a case!

For my new car, I decided to go with the Amsoil EaO filter because using it for 2-3 change intervals it breaks even with the cheaper stuff.

you'll get lots of answers here, but it is a matter of pp.

Well, the best filter/$ used to be the AAP house brand (Purolators) when they were BOGOF. I could cost average these to around $1.79! Alas, it was too good to be true, and AAP is pulling them from the shelves.

Now, I'd have to say the Wix/Napa from fleetfilter if you can order in bulk (massive savings!). Wix is decent filtration with awesome construction.

Mobil 1 is a good filter and looks to be made at the same place as the STP and Super Tech. I would put STP and Super Tech on your list.

Wix is IMHO the best bang for the buck.

Anything on the shelf at the parts store should work fine, though for OEM recommended OCI's.

You are out of the Menard's marketing area, but for others in the upper mid-west, they carry Quaker State filters, made by Purolator (same as the AAP ones but no grip coating).
When they are on sale, it's well worth stocking up.

OOOOOO! QS = Purolator? I'm liking that because I get a lot of good oil sales at Menards in my area.

Just what I need; another reason to go the hardware store!

I havent found anything that filters better than 6-19 microns like the wix 51396 and 51356 do for $6 a piece. I dont buy in bulk so if anyone knows of one that filters better than that for the same price or less non bulk then please let me know.

The best filter for the money is the one which gives you the confidence to run your personally longest ocis.

I saw that theyre giving 5%+ discounts depending on how many filters you buy from them. Good deal if you usually buy in a lot of bulk but its more expensive to buy one or a few from them than buying from the store in town.

I just bought a Nascar Select at my local Napa for $2.96, made by wix, not as good as the Napa gold but I think it's a very good value for the money, I do 3,000/4,000 mile oil changes so it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back